Chapter Nineteen ~ Will Not Be Defeated

Heyo! I had A LOT of fun writing this chapter. Actually, really this whole USJ arc has been fun to write. I say that a lot. Ughhhh I'm annoying, I know--

No song today because I'm BORINGGGGGGGGGGG~ <3

Akiara's POV

I watched in fear as Midoriya's fist was still against Nomu's stomach, with no effect.

"They are pretty powerful," Shigaraki cooed. "This smash of yours. Are you one of All Might's disciples? Doesn't matter. I'm done with you now." He growled that last part.

Nomu grabbed onto Midoriya's forearm, and I gritted my teeth as I tried to get back up on my feet, my wounds still searing with pain. "M-Midoriya!" I called out, my breath hitching on a sob. Nomu lifted Midoriya off the ground with one large pull, and brought up his other hand to smash him down into the ground. Shigaraki reached out to Tsu, who deflected his hand and reached her tongue out to Midoriya. But his hand was still going in the direction of her face, and his other going for Mineta.

My eyes widened when I realized that I couldn't do anything.

I was broken.

I was sore.

I was heavily breathing.

I was burned.

I was crying on the ground.

I was completely, and utterly useless.

Right before the worst happened, the doors to the USJ smashed open, revealing a cloud of smoke at the top of the stairs. I was several meters away, and couldn't see what was happening, but I sure hoped it was All Might.

My suspicions were correct when I heard his voice, "Have no fear students. I am here."

"LOOK!" Mineta called, tears in his eyes. "WE'RE SAVED!"

All Might stood at the top of the stairs, in his work uniform. He threw his yellow jacket to the side. There was something off about his smile, though. It looked like more of a grimace if you asked me. Was he okay?

"Ah...." Shigaraki said, standing up straight and pulling away from my classmates. "Looks like we get to continue."

"It's All Might!" Everyone cheered, and my tears suddenly turned to those of joy.

"I couldn't shake the feeling that something had gone wrong here when Aizawa and Thirteen didn't answer my calls." All Might exclaimed, stepping through the crowd of students. "So I hurried over, running into young Iida along the way. He told me of the villainy at work here." He stomped his foot on the ground and repeated, "Have no fear students! Because I AM HERE!" He ripped his tie off, shredding it into three pieces.

Shigaraki turned to face the stairs. "After all this waiting, a heroic piece of trash shows up."

"Holy crap, it's All Might!" One of the minor villains commented. "I've never seen him in person before."

Another one spoke up. "I didn't expect him to be so huge!"

One with brownish red hair clenched his fists as he addressed his comrades. "This is no time to talk, you idiots! If we strike now we can kill him--" That was the last thing he said, before All Might moved at the speed of light and punched him right in the face. He was soon followed by the other villains.

I bit my lip as I pulled myself up from the ground, flapping my already sore wings to get me airborne. My limbs were seething with pain and screaming at me to just let the darkness take over and pass out, but I willed myself to stay awake. I can't go down that easily if I want to be a hero. I have to be strong. I have to.