Chapter Six ~ Cmon, Shoto! Think!

Akiara's POV

"So..." Todoroki started once we had all finished our ice cream. "What were you two doing before I interrupted?"

Haruka smiled. "We were practicing my quirk!" Then she looked at me with a pained expression. "Are you sure you're okay, Akiara? I brought the nightmare on pretty quickly."

I waved my free hand in the air, my other still holding my empty ice cream bowl. "What? Haruka, no, no, I'm perfectly okay! Don't feel bad about it. In fact, we should get back to training."

Todoroki stood up to leave, but I quickly grabbed a hold of his wrist to stop him. He turned around with a surprised expression in his eyes, but otherwise showed no other emotion.

"You can... you can stay and watch if you want." I mumbled. Behind me, I saw Haruka smirk and I discreetly elbowed her in the arm.

Todoroki nodded but didn't sit down. I looked at him with a mix of a pleading and confused look on my face. He reached out his hand to me and I stared at it in confusion. "I'll take your bowl to the trash can and then return."

"O-oh okay!" I said, placing the styrofoam bowl in his cold hand. I now felt embarrassed for thinking he was implying for me to hold his hand...

Todoroki took the bowl and ventured out to find a garbage bin.

"You like him, don't you."

Startled, I whipped around to face my little sister, whose lips were curled up in a wide smirk. She wiggled her eyebrows.

"You little punk!" I said, getting ready to chase her. She hopped off the bench and ran around in circles, me right behind her. I tackled her and pushed her to the ground, where we wrestled uncontrollably.

Todoroki returned to see me on the ground with my arms held back by my younger sister. "OW! HARUKA GET OFF THAT HURTS!"

He stopped in his tracks as he watched me tickle Haruka until she eventually got off.

"Yeesh, you demon child." I spat at her, and she stuck her tongue right back at me. Then I saw Todoroki. "Oh! Uh-- huh no worries, this happens a lot." I said while scratching the back of my head.

Todoroki lightly chuckled. "Seems fun."

I sighed. "It really is."

"Can we train just one more time, sissy?" Haruka said, and I could see the worry behind her eyes for me.

I nodded. "Yes. This time, try to make the nightmare as scary as possible. I want to see your limits."

Haruka's eyes widened. "What?! Akiara, no!"

"Nightmare?" Todoroki questioned from the bench where he was sitting. Haruka and I were standing in a tiny clearing in front of the flower bed.

Haruka nodded. "It's my quirk. I can make other people see amazing dreams, what they want their future to be or something, and I can also give them nightmares."

"We've been working on changing from a fluffy dream to a nightmare." I stated, narrowing my eyes at the ground. "I've also been trying to improve myself during these exercises." I saw Todoroki raise an eyebrow. "I get scared very easily. Like today when Bakugou charged at me and I hid behind my arms," I smiled, remembering how Todoroki had saved me from the crazed pomeranian. "Anything scares me. During Haruka's training, I've been trying to get better with jump scares, and head on battles." My head popped up to face my little sister. "Make it as scary as you can, and I'll try not to have a heart attack." I said jokingly, although Haruka knew I was half being serious.