Chapter Twenty-Four ~ It's Just A Competition

Heyo!!! 

Guess what? Finally some Todoroki's perspective! Buuuuuuuuut it's literally not interesting whatsoever. 

Okay, this chapter is kind of trash and really rushed because I was bored and wanted to write a chapter, but this is literally just a boring chapter. That was a long sentence. Okay, you're probably annoyed with me now, onto the chapter~

Song: Kings & Queens
Artist: Ava Max

Todoroki's POV

I walked into the classroom the next day, early like always. I saw Yaoyorozu sitting in her seat beside mine, reading a book. To my surprise, Akiara was sitting at her desk, leaning backwards on my desk and looking at her phone. I strode over and sat in my chair, tapping her on the shoulder.

She turned around with a goofy grin on her face. "Heyyyy!" She exclaimed. More students began to arrive, sitting in their seats and involving themselves in conversations.

"Hello." I greeted blankly. Wow, Shoto. Smooth.

Akiara pivoted in her seat so she could face me completely. "Were you glad you came last night?"

I nodded. "Yes. It was fun. Except for Kozue."

Akiara's face darkened. "Seriously though. She's a rat."

"I can't believe what she said about you." I stared down at my hands, twirling my thumbs in a circle. Was this the thing Akiara had caught me doing the first time we saw each other at the park?

Akiara raised an eyebrow with a smirk. "Which remark? She made a few."

I rolled my eyes. "All of them."

"Awww~" Akiara's eyes sparkled, leaning closer so no one would hear her next statement. "You care about meeeeeee!"

I involuntarily blushed, staring down at my lap. "Yeah, but I mean... you care about me too, so... um..."

"Heck yeah I do!" She giggled. "You're my best friend. I mean, I was pissed when Kozue kept getting close to you." She grumbled that last bit.

I attempted to copy the smug look she had just a moment ago, which the attempt evidently failed, saying, "Jealous?"

Akiara barked a laugh as a cover up for the bright pink dusting her face. "Ha! Nope!" Her voice cracked, clearly meaning she had been jealous.

Soon enough, the whole class entered.

"Midoriya!" Akiara called to the green-haired boy as he sat down in his chair diagonally from her.

He turned around with a smile on his face, "Good morning, Saki!"

"Midoriya, I told you to call me Akiara." She said stubbornly.

Midoriya's eyes widened and he apologized multiple times. "Right! Sorry, sorry, sorry--"

Akiara flicked his forehead, something she did to people often. "Shut up! You're starting to sound like Todoroki."

"What--hey!" I exclaimed in a whisper, folding my arms across my chest.

Akiara snickered and stuck her tongue out at me. "Tell me I'm wrong, Todo."

I was about to answer when we heard Hagakure shout to others around the room. "You guys! Did you watch the news last night?" Ojiro nodded and she continued, "It was so cool that we got a few seconds of screen time!" She put a hand to her chest. "Although I'm sure nobody noticed me hanging out in the background."