Chapter Thirty One ~ Teasing

I'm not even going to make up an excuse for why I haven't been writing. Life at home's been hard between my mom yelling at me every ten seconds and my dad being away from the house almost 24/7 at work, so I've had to do a bunch of chores and I haven't had much time for writing.

Akiara's POV

"Midoriya! Careful!" I screeched from my position next to Uraraka, both of us balancing Midoriya's weight as we competed in the sports festival. He had just powered his arm with what I knew was One for All. We were charging at Todoroki's team, who had his arm 'fired' up and was ready to defend himself. I'd seen what Midoriya's power could do to things, I wasn't quite ready for it to happen to my best friend.

He used his hand to slice through the air instead, causing Todoroki's left arm to be thrown back from the force. As he was stumbling in the hold of his teammates, Momo, Kaminari and Iida, Midoriya reached for the headbands, grabbing our 10 million point headband back.

"I did it!" Midoriya announced proudly.

I cheered along with the audience in the stands. "YES! Go Midoriya!"

"With just 11 seconds left, Team Midoriya is back in the game!" Present Mic exclaimed over the loudspeakers.

I looked at Midoriya's hand, and gasped. "UH... wait a minute. Please tell me there's something wrong with my eyes!"

Midoriya examined the headband in his palm, and let out an exhale of surprise.

It said 70.

Not 10 million.

"They tricked us!" He yelped.

Momo looked back at us, sweatdropping. "We mixed the headbands up. There's no way we'd leave the prize on top. You underestimate us."

My eyes widened, but I smiled nonetheless. "No, I figured you'd come up with a good plan, three of the smartest students? Plus Kaminari."

"HEY!" The blonde shrieked, clearly offended.

Iida looked back at the dual-quirked boy. "Todoroki, better watch yourself. That was too close." I wondered if he was alright, I couldn't see his face but I noticed his head turned down as he rubbed his left arm.

"HOLY COW!" Present Mic screamed, "Team Midoriya didn't get the ten million points after all!"

We were only in sixth place.

"10 seconds!" I yelped.

"TOKOYAMI!" Midoriya ordered, and Dark Shadow leapt forward. Kaminari shot bolts of lightning at it, and our whole team sweatdropped.

An explosion sounded right after Kaminari's lightning faded, revealing Bakugou screaming like always. "DEKU!" His team made noises of protest to his sudden outburst, and then twisted his direction toward Todoroki, the same thing was done by our team as well. We were all racing to get the 10 million points, as Momo made a rod for Todoroki, which he then froze.

"TIMES UP!"

Present Mic's voice stopped the competition.

Bakugou face planted, and our team stopped in our tracks. Midoriya's hand was still outstretched, and Uraraka, Tokoyami and I were panting heavily from the running.

Midoriya clenched his fist and had a guilty expression. I reached up and patted his forearm. "Don't sweat it, Midoriya. We did everything in our power. At least we got 6th place."

Todoroki jumped down from his horses, cursing under his breath.

"Now, let's take a look at who our top four teams are!" Present Mic announced. "In first place, Team Todoroki!" Even though that wasn't my team, I cheered anyways. My friends deserved it. "In second place, Team Bakugou! In third place is Team Shinsou!"