Chapter Twenty-Seven ~ But What If I Want You To Win?

Guyyssssssss

I just reread this book

and holy crap

It's going so fast in terms of Akiara and Shoto's relationship T-T

I kinda wanna go smash my computer cuz this book is absolute garbage and I don't know why people read it-- it's trash. 

Anyways Ig i'll give you guys a chappie, just cus I love u T-T

Akiara's POV

The raw sunlight blinded my eyes as I stepped out of the tunnel with Todoroki by my side, as usual. We and the other students walked away from the tunnel and across the grass, to the middle of the arena while Present Mic was shouting random things about us from his microphone.

I stared around me anxiously. There were so many people in the stadium, and there were probably so many more viewing the festival on television. The thought of the thousands and thousands of people watching made a chill go up my spine, and my teeth chattered nervously.

"Ahhh..." Midoriya worried from beside me. I was striding next to Todoroki, with Midoriya on my left. "I didn't know there would be so many people!"

I smiled reassuringly and put a hand on his shoulder as Iida commented, "I hope we're still able to give our best performances even though all these eyes are watching us," That statement didn't make my fear any smaller at all. "I suppose it's just another aspect of being a hero we have to learn to get used to."

Kirishima was observing our surroundings as well. "Present Mic sure talked us up a lot, kind of makes me nervous."

"I'm with Midoriya on this one." I laughed anxiously. "There's so many people here."

Kirishima gave me a lopsided grin before addressing Bakugou. "How you feeling, man?"

Pomeranian the Great scowled menacingly at the ground. "I'm not worried."

"Ohhh, of course not." I said nonchalantly, waving a hand in the air. "Our apologies, Romeo. It was wrong of us to assume you don't have this situation under control." I brought my hand up to my chest and closed my eyes.

Bakugou's jaw clenched and he glared at me with such intensity I dropped my little charade, smiling weakly before retreating more in Todoroki's direction. Todoroki gave me a subtle thumbs up, but the overall gesture bounced my spirits right back up.

"They haven't been getting nearly as much screen time," Present Mic announced over the loudspeakers. "But this next group is still chalk-full of talent! Welcome Hero Course class 1-B!" The class in question walked through the tunnel. "Next up, General Studies classes C,D and E!!! Support classes F, G and H! And finally Business classes I, J and K! Give it up for all of UA's first year contestants!" The crowd erupted with cheers, which only added to my anxiety.

All of us students had finally congregated in the center of the arena, which was a rectangular area of red sand. Midnight was standing on a stage outside the rectangle, which was where she addressed us, "Now the introductory speech!" I could practically hear the coos of all the Midnight fans in the stands, and I wanted to gag. I even heard a few of my classmates comment on how it wasn't very appropriate for this certain occasion, and I completely agreed. "Silence everyone!" Midnight raised her whip in the air. "And for the student pledge, we have Katsuki Bakugou!"

Our entire class was shocked as Bakugou made his way onto the stage.

"Bakugou is the first year rep?!" I whispered to Todoroki, who returned my baffled expression.