Chapter Twenty-Two ~ She Could Have Died

GUYS I FINALLY FOUND THE TIME AND MOTIVATION TO WRITE THE NEXT CHAPTER YAYYYYYYYYYYY!

Akiara's POV

"Ready, Haruka?" I asked, walking out of the room. I had just finished getting dressed into something a little more formal. I had been wearing gym shorts and a tank top, so my burns could be wrapped up and everything. Now I was in a golden-yellow T-Shirt, which Haruka said really made my eyes stand out. I had high-waisted light blue jeans on, and the shirt was tucked into them. My arms and face had my curling and swirling burns exposed, and I rather started to like how they made me look. Kind of like battle scars, mostly because they were, but something that could make me look cool. I had bubblegum pink gym shoes slipped on my feet, and my hair was tied into a bun at the nape of my neck.

"Yup! I'm all ready!" Haruka announced, bounding over to the door and yanking it open.

To my surprise, Todoroki was standing there. He had a raw sienna colored turtleneck on, black jeans, and white adidas. He had one hand in his pocket, and the other was raised, as if he was just about to knock on the door. I had to admit, he looked really good in a turtleneck.

"TodorokI!" I exclaimed, a surprised smile spreading on my face. "Hey, there!"

He nodded at me with a soft smile. "Hello."

I walked up behind Haruka, who was smirking at me. I rolled my eyes and stood beside her, my hand resting on her head. "I'm so glad you were able to come."

"Of course." He brought his other hand down and slipped it into his pocket as well. "So... who's this neighbor of yours?"

I smiled, and Haruka and I stepped onto the porch with Todoroki, closing the door behind us. "Her name is Eiko Chizu. She's a really nice old lady. She fosters six children, and honestly, I don't know how she does it."

He nodded in agreement. "I agree. Seems like a lot of work."

"I've got my hands full with this little idiot." I flicked the back of Haruka's head, and she hissed at me. I pulled away with a laugh. "See what I mean? She's feral."

We stepped down the porch and made our way to Chizu's house. It was a small stone house with green hedges and bundles of tulips in the garden. There was a thin concrete pathway that led to her stone porch, which had a wooden rocking chair placed in the corner. There was a little statue of a gnome on the side of the black door, which was holding a sign that read, "Welcome!"

I looked to the side to see Todoroki nervously fiddling his thumbs. "Don't worry. Chizu is the nicest old lady I know." I tapped my chin. "Think of Recovery Girl as an actual grandma, who's quirk is literally giving candy to kids."

Todoroki raised an eyebrow. "Her quirk?"

"Yeah!" I exclaimed, a big smile on my face. "Her quirk is called Sweet Tooth. She can summon any type of candy into her pockets."

Haruka snickered from in front of us. "Akiara is always asking for gummy bears."

I held my hands up and grinned. "No denial here." Todoroki smiled softly at me. I poked Haruka in the back of the neck, saying, "Go knock on the door."

"Hopefully Kentaro doesn't answer the door." Haruka groans, hopping up the steps.

"Who's Kentaro?" Todoroki asked.

I brought a hand up to my forehead. "He's one of the kids Chizu fosters."

Haruka giggled. "He's had a crush on Akiara ever since we moved here. One time when we came over for dinner he held her hand and then she dumped water on him because he put his hand on her knee."

𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐘𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐄 ❀ 𝐒. 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐈 !!ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ!!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara