Chapter Four ~ To Clear My Mind

Akiara's POV

"I'm home!" I called into the house. We had a very small home I must admit. Our parents had recently died in a horrible car accident, and we had no family members around. I was only two years away from being an adult. My birthday was coming soon, so I would turn 16. I lived here alone with a very special someone.

"AKIARAAAAA!" A falsetto voice squealed, running from the kitchen into the front room. My little sister, who was 6 years old, pounced on me. Her dirty blonde hair bounced as she laughed, her cerulean eyes shut tight.

"Hey squirt! How was the first day of first grade?" I asked, ruffling her hair. We pulled away from the hug and her big cerulean eyes sparkled.

"AMAZING!" She announced, bouncing up and down. "I made so many new friends! And all of their quirks are so cool! Oh! There's this one girl who can turn into a dragon! How amazing is that?!"

I laughed and gave Haruka a smile. "That does sound amazing, Haruka. I'm glad you had fun." I punched her cheeks and kissed her on the forehead. "Wanna go to the park and practice our quirks?"

Haruka nodded enthusiastically. "Yes! Definitely! Except... I don't want to use my quirk on you. You could get a major headache, or something like that." Haruka fiddled her thumbs.

I placed a hand on top of hers and shook my head. "Oh pish posh. I'll be fine."

Haruka grinned and jumped up and down. "Let's go then, Akiara!!!" She pulled me out the door with no further question.

A while later, we arrived at the park. There weren't very many people there. An elderly couple was sitting on a bench on the other side of the park talking to each other, and a few other families seemed to be wandering around or playing games, but the park was large. We found a more secluded corner.

There was a wooden bench that was made out of logs, and several pine trees surrounded it. There was a flower bed full of gardenias and lavender, making the area more lively with their white and purple colors. The sun was getting close to setting, but it would be a few hours before it would go down.

"Alright Haruka, let's see what you can do." I said.

Haruka's quirk was hallucination. She can create your worst fears, nightmares, memories or just horrible things enter your brain. But she can also do other things.

Suddenly, the image of pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows collapsed over my vision. I looked around me, and it was all I could see. The sky was pink, with purple clouds and blue sparkles floating through the air. The unicorns had come up to me and nuzzled against my leg before running off, their tails of rainbows trailing behind them.

I knew what was about to happen. This is how Haruka and I always trained. She would start out with something completely fluffy and amazing, and then it would turn into a nightmare. She knows I get scared easily, and she hates putting scary things in my mind, but every time I tell her that it's fine.

And then it came.

The sky turned black, the clouds turned blood red. The sparkles disappeared. And the unicorns went from pink and fluffy, to black and evil. Their eyes were crimson red. And then they began to charge at me. I screamed out loud as one of them impaled its horn into my ribcage. And just like that the nightmare was over.

"Akiara! I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have changed it so quickly." Haruka worriedly announced, running over to my now collapsed form.

I waved her away with a hand while shaking my head. "I'm fine, Haruka. No need to worry."

She hesitated before helping me back up.

"Akiara, how are we going to practice your quirk?" She asked.

I brought a hand up to my chin as I thought. "I'm not sure. I don't want to hurt you just to take your pain away. I would feel like a terrible sister."

Haruka nodded. I could tell she still felt bad about scaring me.

I wanted her to know that it was okay.

"Saki?" A low voice said from behind me. I turned around at the same time as my sister, both of us used to being called Saki.

"Todoroki?" I said with a startled smile on my face.

Sure enough, there was Todoroki, standing there with his hands in his pockets. He wasn't in his UA uniform, which was the only thing I had ever seen him in, apart from his PE clothes. He was wearing a white T-shirt and dark jeans, with worn out converse.

I, however, was still in my uniform, not having time to change before Haruka dragged me out the door.

"Hey!" I said, walking up to him. "What're you doing here? Like... not to be rude or anything, you know?"

Todoroki nodded. "I sometimes come here to clear my mind. This is actually one of my favorite spots."

I smiled again. "Me too, actually." Then I ruffled Haruka's hair. "I also come here to teach this little cutie how to use her quirk."

Todoroki tilted his head at the small child. "Is she your little sister?" He asked.

I nodded and bent down to give Haruka a kiss on the forehead. "Yeah, she's all I've got left in this world, so I cherish my time with her." Then I pinched her cheeks. "She's a little wild card, you know." I glanced up at Todoroki, who nodded.

I grinned at him. He had that soft look on his face, as if he was deep in thought. Even though I had just met him today, I could tell we were going to be the best of friends.

Heyo y'all! I really hope you're enjoying this book. I know that not many people like to read these types of things. These "(character) x OC" things, because they don't know the OC. But isn't that how you start out reading an actual book? You don't know how it's going to go, and perhaps your feelings for it may change. I've been in this situation before, I'll be honest. I write tons of these things. OC books, (Character) x OC books, and I wonder why people don't read them. And then ironically, I'm scrolling through wattpad trying to find a new read and I see a Todoroki x OC and I think, Should I really read that? I don't know who the character is, and I don't know if I'll like it or not. Man, I'm such a hippocrite, aren't I? 

Alrighty everyone, stay peachy and have a good day. 

"If you are going to rely on words alone, they better be incredibly powerful." ~Shoto Todoroki

Again, my little baby Todo I wuv youuuuuu <3 (Don't worry readers I wuv you too, don't get jealous)

~Dream