29. Taking a Stand

As the sun reaches its peak in the sky, light shines down and into the barn, lighting up the stall where Cora and the horses lay. Cora rubs her eyes as the sun lights up her face. Sitting up, Cora looks around the stall and see's Ragnar and Gisli eating hay, while the baby foal is curled up next to Cora's side.

Cora pets the bridge of the foals nose, and the foal opens its eyes and raises its head at Cora. Smiling at the foal, Cora strokes it's mane a few times before slowly standing up. Ragnar and Gisli turn and huff at Cora.

"I'll be back to check on you three later." Cora says as she opens the stall door that leads to the main part of the barn. As Cora exits the stall, she see's something in her peripheral vision, turning her head Cora slightly jumps as she see's Heimdall standing at the barns entrance.

"Sorry, for startling you miss Cora, but you are needed to the great hall." Heimdall says, and then begins to exit the barn. Quietly Cora follows behind Heimdall as they make their way back to the castle.

As Cora re-enters the castle, the rest of the recruits are still half asleep and come around the corner heading for the great hall as well.

"Where were you at?" Peter asks as Cora walks next to him. Cora looks over at him and watches as he rubs his eyes a few times before looking at her.

"Helping out with some chores in the barn." Cora lies, not wanting anyone to know the real reason she was in the barn.

"Honestly, they should have you sleep in there. You're not one of us, so you shouldn't be around us." Ruby taunts as she turns around and stops walking.

As Cora walks around Ruby, Ruby steps in front of her. Cora squares her shoulders and stares Ruby down.

"Move." Is all Cora says, Ruby looks at her and laughs.

"Or what?" Ruby taunts, and then laughs.

"I don't want to use force to get you out of the way, so just move." Cora warns, Ruby continues to laugh at Cora, and everyone just watches them.

"You'd destroy the whole castle before getting your hands on me." Ruby says, Cora just stares at her.

"Like I said, I don't want to use force, so just move." Cora warns again.

"Yeah, I don't think so." Ruby says and crosses her arms, Cora shakes her head and tries to step around her. But, Ruby steps in front of her again.

"I said move, Ruby." Cora practically shouts in her face. Ruby's eyes narrow, and she laughs again.

"I don't think so." Ruby says and tries to grab Cora. As Ruby tries to grab Cora, Cora raises her hand and slaps her across the face.

Everyone gasps and Ruby looks at Cora in shock. Squaring her shoulders, Cora steps around Ruby, but stops just at her shoulder.

"I told you I didn't want to use force. But, you gave me no choice. You may put up a tough girl front around everyone, but deep down I know your terrified of me. Let's not forget, I was the bad guy in your nightmare reality. So, don't test me. Or next time it'll be more than a simple slap to the face." Cora warns, and walks away from Ruby, as she walks close to the others, they move out of her way.

"Now all of you know, do not mess with her." Heimdall says leaning against the wall closest to the great hall. Cora passes by Heimdall and he simply nods to her, Cora nods back before entering the great hall.

Taking a seat at the table positioned in the middle of the great hall, Cora watches as Peter enters and sits by her, Olivia and Andre do the same thing. Ruby and the other three, sit as far away from them as they can manage.