30. Truth Telling

Cora's eyes shoot open and her body jolts into a sitting position as she looks around. Both Gisli and Ragnar jump up and become alert when Cora starts to breathe heavily. Sunlight lights up the barn as Cora realizes she was right about Jotunheim being a nightmare reality.

"Cora?" Loki screams as he comes into the barn. Rushing into the stall Cora is in, Loki is by her side in a matter of seconds.

"I'm alright, I'm alright." Cora says as she slowly gets up from the ground. Gripping her injured side, Cora makes a pained face before letting out a hissing noise as she fully stands up.

"You should have gone to bed when I had told you to earlier." Loki says as he stands on Cora's left side and protectively places his arm around her.

Using her powers, Cora levitates the book she had brought with her. Loki takes hold of the book and hands it to her. Feeling Cora become weak, Loki rushes her from the barn and up to the castle.

"Cora, what happened?" Peter asks as he see's Loki helping Cora into the castle.

"I'm fine. He's overreacting." Cora says as she tries to get out of Loki's grip. But he won't let go.

"Oh, no. You are going straight to the infirmary." Loki states, Cora gives Loki a questioning look and then looks at Peter, who is staring between Cora and Loki.

"I said I'm fine, Loki." Cora fiercely says and unknowingly uses her telekinetic powers to push Loki up against the wall and away from her.

Gasps can be heard as the other recruits and Thor come around the corner and see Cora push Loki away from her.

"What is going on here?" Thor asks, and looks between Cora and Loki.

"Honestly, I have no idea. Ask Loki, he's the one being all weird." Cora says and points at Loki as she looks at Thor.

"Loki, is everything alright?" Thor asks, Loki looks between Thor and Cora, he doesn't say anything, he just turns and walks away from everyone.

"Anyone else find that weird?" Peter asks, Cora looks at Thor and her eyes go wide.

"Cora, what is it?" Thor asks and Cora can see a hint of a devious smile tugging at Thor's lips.

"Watch out, you guys!" Cora screams just as Thor swings Mjölnir and nearly hits the group of recruits.

All the recruits jump out of the way and stand near Cora and Peter.

"What the hell is going on?" Xander screams.

"Round two of nightmare realities." Cora says, just as she finishes talking, lady Siff and the Warriors come up behind Thor and smile evilly at her and the others.

"Everyone, get to your rooms and go through the mirrors." Cora says, she and the others take off running for the hallway where their rooms are.

"Why the hell are we in another nightmare reality?" Olivia asks just as they all round the corner.

"Expect the unexpected, remember. Everything we do on Asgard is a test." Cora says just as the group makes it to the hallway.

"This had better get us back to our own reality." Ruby says as she opens the door to her room.

"Are you sure this will get us back?" Andre asks, just as he opens his door, Mjölnir comes flying past his head.

"It's our only shot." Cora says, Mjölnir comes flying toward her and Cora redirects it back at Thor. Cora quickly opens her door, then closes and locks it.

"Here goes nothing." Cora says as she jumps through her mirror.

***

Cora's eyes fly open and she looks around. As she looks around, her breathing becomes heavy.