35. Rumor Control

As Thor stands in the hallway, close to the infirmary, he can't help but think that Cora may be right. Stunned about how things with her have gone so far, Thor doesn't move from his spot. Pondering his choices so far, Thor doesn't see when Lady Sif comes up next to him.

"Are you alright?" Lady Sif asks worriedly as she places a hand on his shoulder.

"I've done so much wrong, when it has come to Cora." Thor says as he looks at Lady Sif.

"You've done what you could. Whether she see's that or not, you are trying." Lady Sif says as she pats Thor's shoulder.

"She blames me for what just happened to Loki. She's right, I caused this." Thor says and hangs his head.

"You did not cause anything. Your father wishes to speak with you in regards to Loki. But, seeing as how you have not been given any sort of update, the conversation will not be a long one." Lady Sif says, Thor looks at Lady Sif with wary eyes.

"I am not sure if I can even face my father after this." Thor says as he points to the infirmary doors.

"You go speak with your father, and I will speak with Cora. Perhaps it is not the words of a man she needs to hear." Lady Sif says as she pushes Thor in the direction of the Throne room. Lady Sif turns in the direction of the recruits rooms and makes her way to Cora's.

As Lady Sif turns down the hallway to Cora's room, she can hear voices talking.

"I know your upset and still figuring everything out, but was kicking Thor out of the infirmary the best thing to do?" Lady Sif hears Peter ask in a quiet tone as she stands outside of Cora's room.

"Honestly, it felt like I wasn't in control when I did that. Asgard has made me feel like that since day two of being here. I didn't mean to do it, I just pictured Thor being put out of the room and my mind made it happen." Cora says defensively as she lays her head on Peter's shoulder.

"You can't let what's been brought to light get to you. Otherwise, Thor may send you back to Earth, and I doubt you want that to happen." Peter says trying to comfort Cora. Cora lifts her head from Peter's shoulder and looks at him.

"Maybe that's what needs to happen. Because it seems me being here is creating a whole lot more bad than good." Cora says as she gets up from the floor and walks to the window and stares out it, looking at the clear star covered sky. Lady Sif's eyes go wide as she hears Cora say this. Quickly and silently, she turns and heads for the Throne room.

"Do you feel someone near by, as though someone is listening to us?" Peter asks as he looks at Cora's door. Cora turns, and rushes to her door, and as she looks down the hallway, she see's Lady Sif turn the corner.

"It was Lady Sif. Great, now she's going to go tell Thor what she heard." Cora says as she turns back to Peter with an annoyed expression.

"You don't think Thor will send you home just because you suggested it, do you?" Peter asks as he stands up from the floor. Cora just shrugs.

"Who knows, I've already said that's what I want to have happen if he didn't start to make things change with the others." Cora says as she sits down in the chair in front of the desk in the corner of her room.

"Hopefully he won't make good on that." Peter says as he walks over to Cora and places a hand on her shoulder.

"Let me see your headquarters communicator." Cora says as she looks at Peter and holds out her hand.

"What do you plan on doing?" Peter asks as he takes off his wristband and hands it to Cora. Placing it on the desk, and pressing the middle button, Cora takes a deep breath before answering.