5. A New World

Making his way to the Bifrost, Thor stayed out of sight. Staying in the shadows, Thor kept Adamaris wrapped up and close to him so she wouldn't make a sound. As the shadows decreased, the cover of low roofs was all that Thor had to keep himself and Adamaris concealed.

Once the edge of the rainbow bridge came about, Thor raced down towards the Bifrost. As he entered the Bifrost dome, an uneasy feeling came upon Thor.

"Midgard is it?" Heimdall asks as Thor enters. Thor only nods, he stands in the middle of
the room and waits for Heimdall to transport him to Midgard.

"You worry for the child. Not sure if you are following the right path. My friend, I can assure you that this, is the right path. She will be safe, and I assure you, you will see her again someday. Far into the future, but you will see her again." Heimdall says as he looks into the future.

"That is not something I take pride in knowing. Go ahead and work your magic Heimdall." Thor says a bit annoyed.

"As you wish, my friend." Heimdall says and turns his sword in the Bifrost pedestal. A bright light engulfs Thor and Adamaris. As they are being transported, Adamaris begins to cry again.

Landing in a dark and rainy alley way, Thor stays in the shadows as he hears people begin to approach the area he and Adamaris had just landed in. Backing up all the way to the end of the alley, Thor looked between two paths on either side of him. The path on the left led straight out to the street, the one on the right; went in between some buildings before letting out into the street.

Thor went right, and stayed in the cover of night underneath some low awnings to avoid the rain and to avoid being seen. Just before Thor could make it to the end of the path, a loud rumble of thunder sounded, and a strike of lightning lit up the sky, and then traveled down toward earth, heading straight for Thor and Adamaris. Thor used his mighty hammer Mjölnir and absorbed the lightning.

Another strike of lightning headed straight for Thor and Adamaris. This time though, Thor ducked under the cover of a building awning. He knew it was Odin, furious with him.

At this point, Thor has no choice, he tucked the blanket Adamaris had been wrapped in, a little more tightly around her. Then he placed her on the ground in front of the door that sat tucked under the awning he had been standing under.

Just before he took off for the Bifrost pad, Thor pounded on the door. He took one last look back at Adamaris as he raced to get away. Ducking under another awning, Thor watched as the door he had placed Adamaris at opened.

The door opens and a young woman dressed in an all black jumpsuit pokes her head out of the door.

"Hello?" The woman says as she looks around, she's about to close the door, when Adamaris cries. The woman looks down and gasps in shock. She opens the door a bit more, just enough to reach down and pick Adamaris up.

"Coulson, Fury!" The woman screams as she hurries back into the building, and into a large room with lots of machinery. A tall African American male turns away from a screen he had been looking at and stares at her with his one good eye. A slightly smaller Caucasian male rushes down a flight of stairs as he hears the woman scream.

"What is it, Agent Hill?" The Caucasian male asks. The woman known as Agent Hill walks up to the African American male and shows him what is in her arms.

"You're freaking out over a baby? Where did it come from?" The African American male asks, eyeing Adamaris.

"It was on the door step on the side door." Agent Hill says and Adamaris begins to cry.

"Well, take it to the orphanage down the road." The Caucasian male says, after the Caucasian male says this a piece of machinery begins to float up off the ground. Agent Hill notices the floating machine and gasps.