6. Buisness As Usual

Nestled in the woods of New York, sits Avengers headquarters. A super high tech compound with a force field gate around it, those that have been inducted into the Avengers train and receive their missions from here. All are allowed to come and go, all but one.

The Raven haired seventeen year old, Cora. Who had showed up on the original Avengers door step as an infant. Has lived her whole life under the watchful eyes of Agents Fury, Coulson, and Hill.

"Hey Cora, how are we coming along with those readings?" Agent Hill asks walking into the control room. A chair turns and reveals a Raven haired young girl with glasses.

"We are coming along just fine." Cora responds and hands a folder over to agent Hill. Turning her chair back to the monitor, Cora gets back to work.

"Take a break and go do some tactical training with the other Avengers." Agent Hill says and stares at one of the screens.

"Tactical training is for those with Avenger status, which I do not possess. I put myself in here, so I don't have to see what I'm missing out there. Plus, it wouldn't do me any good, I'm not allowed to use my powers." Cora says and holds up her right hand which has a thick bangle bracelet around the wrist.

"We did that to not only protect you, but to protect the others. We don't need another incident happening." Agent Hill says and turns to leave the control room.

"So I nearly destroyed Avengers headquarters once... okay Four times. But, come on I was Five." Cora says in an attempt to defend herself.

"Nevertheless, Director Fury, agent Coulson, and myself have said the bracelet is not allowed to come off. Only because we haven't figured out all of your powers, and if each of them is more powerful than the last. That bracelet is the only thing keeping you from being a ticking time bomb." Agent Hill says, and leaves the control room.

As Cora turns back to the screen she had been looking at, she switches data screens, the screen goes dark for a second, and Cora catches a glimpse of a person standing outside the control room. She turns from the computer and sees Director Fury peering into the room.

"Not following direct orders today?" Fury asks as he enters the control room and sits down in a chair next to Cora.

"It didn't sound like an order, only a suggestion. Plus, you've seen how the other Avenger recruits treat me. Staring at me like I'm a freak, they all but clear the training room when I enter it." Cora says and keeps her eyes on the screen.

"So, then go run laps. Do some defensive training with one of the training bots outside. Just don't keep yourself stuck in here all day, everyday." Fury says concern coating his voice.

"Defensive training?" Cora asks, Director Fury never tells her to do defensive training, because that would require Cora to take off her bracelet.

"I haven't talked with Agent Hill yet, but I think you can keep your abilities under control when it's just you by yourself or with someone who can match your powers. Which is why I'm ordering you to get away from the controls, go put training clothes on, and get to work outside close to the track." Director Fury explains, Cora's eyes light up at hearing this. But she doesn't stand up, she stays in her chair.

"What's with all of a sudden wanting me to continue training? After my outburst from the last time you guys had me train, seems like I'm better off in here." Cora says and leans back in her chair.

"We may or may not have a mission for you and the newest Avenger recruits. But, in order to see if your fit to go on said possible mission, you need to train." Fury says and Cora's eyes light up again, this time she jumps out of her chair.