12. A Test of Skill

"Brother?" Loki says as he comes up behind Thor. Thor turns and gives Loki a questioning look.

"What is it, Loki?" Thor asks, Loki gets up close to Cora and Peter.

"Forgive me, but I must ask. Where did you say your powers come from?" Loki asks looking straight at Cora. Cora looks at Loki in shock.

"Loki, what are you getting at?" Thor asks as he gets close to his brother.

"He's brave to ask an up front question like that. But, not brave enough to ask it himself. Instead he projects one of his clones to ask such a question." Cora says and crosses her arms, Thor looks at Cora with shock filled eyes.

"How can you tell it's not really Loki?" Thor asks intrigued by what Cora has just said.

"A bit of his hair up top is just the slightest bit see through." Cora says as she keeps her eyes on the spot she is talking about. Thor looks at the same spot as Cora, and chuckles seeing that she is right.

"Well, she certainly can tell when someone is real or not." Thor says and Loki's clone snarls, then disappears.

"I've had practice with mastering my own glimmer ability." Cora says and looks out toward the village.

"Alright, since it is only the two of you that understand the importance of respect around here. How about a little battle training session, with Lady Siff and Fandral." Thor says, Lady Siff and Fandral come up behind him in battle armor, as he says their names.

"This is going to be awesome." Peter says, and places a wristband on his wrist and presses the middle button. His dress up clothes are replaced with the armor of his iron spider suit.

"Are you sure about this, Thor?" Cora asks hesitantly. Thor only nods, Cora takes in a deep breath before removing her bracelet and shifting into training clothes, that consist of a tank top, leggings, a gladiator type skirt, and combat boots. She puts her bracelet back on after she shifts into her training outfit. Lady Siff throws a sword to Cora, and she catches it.

"Do not think just because you two are new around here we will go easy on you. You will be getting the same kind of training the Einherjar guards receive." Lady Siff says, Cora and Peter both nod.

"First thing is first, we want to test your own fighting abilities. To see how much training you will need." Fandral says, tossing a sword to Peter, then both him and Lady Siff start trying to attack Cora and Peter.

Both Peter and Cora dodge all of Lady Siff and Fandral's advances. Lady Siff ends up elbowing Cora in the side, which makes her fall to the ground. Cora thrusts herself up and back to her feet. Fandral knocks Peter to the ground with the butt of his sword. Peter jumps up, and stands back to back with Cora.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Cora asks a devious smile playing on her lips.

"Not likely." Peter responds as he and Cora circle defensively watching Lady Siff and Fandral.

"Time for the old switching places trick." Cora says and interlocks her arm with Peter's. Peter swings Cora around over his back, and she lands in front of Fandral.

"Ah, the old switching places tactic. This should be fun." Fandral says and tries to strike Cora, who blocks the attack, and tries to strike Fandral. Cora's strike connects to Fandral's chest, Fandral loses his balance, stumbles to the ground, and drops his sword. Cora holds the blade of her sword over Fandral's chest. Fandral holds his hands up in a defensive manner. Cora lowers her sword and holds out her hand.

"Now that is some fine sword work you've just done." Fandral compliments as he grabs his sword and is helped back to his feet.

"Thank you." Cora says and watches as Peter and Lady Siff continue to duel. Fandral and Cora both look at each other and then back at Lady Siff and Peter.