41. A Family Reunited

"Is everything alright? We haven't heard any—." Loki asks as he teleports into the infirmary, he see's Caitriona and rushes to her side, his eyes go wide with rage as he see's the restraints on her wrists. He looks at Dagny and Runa, then to Cora and see's how distraught she has become. Loki approaches Peter and Cora, Peter let's go of Cora and Loki takes her in his arms comforting her.

"She's home, you both are. And she will be fine, right?" Loki says and darts his gaze to Dagny and Runa, they both nod.

"It will take time for her to recover, but she should be in full health in a few days." Runa says as she places her hand on Caitriona's head checking her temperature. Cora shakes her head and pushes away from Loki, she uses her powers to throw the infirmary doors open and sprints away from everyone.

"Adamaris, wait." Loki says as he starts to follow her, but Natasha stands in front of the entrance.

"You need to stay here with her. I'll go check on Cora." Natasha says sternly, Loki nods and watches as Natasha rushes down the hallway to catch up to Cora.

"Cora, slow down and talk to me." Natasha yells as she and Cora pass by the throne room. Just as they pass by, Thor pokes his head out the door and watches them run down the hallway.

Just as they get to the hallway where all the rooms are, Cora accidentally trips over her own foot and falls to the floor. Not bothering to get back up, Cora curls into a ball and let's the tears flow.

"It's alright, Cora. It's alright." Natasha says as she kneels down and pulls Cora to her feet, putting her arm around Cora's shoulder, Natasha walks Cora to her room. Opening the door, Natasha leads Cora into her room and has her sit on her bed. Cora sits on the bed for not even a second before she falls back and rolls on to her side, and continues to cry.

"All of your emotions are mixed up and all over the place right now, huh?" Natasha asks as she pulls Cora up and into a sitting position. Cora manages to nod her head, before she drops it into her hands.

"Not trusting Thor anymore, either?" Natasha asks, Cora pulls her head up and glares at Natasha, then shakes her head.

"He lied to me, to all of us for Eleven years. Eleven years of trust was brought down by one decision and that being a lie. He's smart keeping himself hidden, so none of us beat him down or humiliate him again." Cora yells, knowing Thor is close by listening to every word.

"I only did it, to protect you." Thor says as he pushes the door to Cora's room open. Cora glares at Thor.

"Protect me, you think hiding someone's true identity from them for Eleven years is protecting them? No, more like hurting them. Was this even part of your so called plan? Or did you even have one?" Cora screams, and jumps up and off her bed to get in Thor's face.

"Cora, breathe. You need to stay calm." Natasha says, Cora balls her hands into fists and then releases them, she does this several times.

"The plan was to bring you to Asgard shortly after you turned Eighteen. And slowly have you learn the truth." Thor admits as he backs away from Cora.

"Do you not remember what happened Nine years ago? You lifted Mjölnir and the agreement between myself and agent Hill." Thor says reminding Cora of the agreement that took place.

"Oh, I remember the agreement. But, what was not specified was the fact that seven other recruits were going to be joining in on that agreement. Especially the four recruits who couldn't stand to see me progress in any way." Cora screams and then turns away from Thor and looks at Natasha.

"I'm sorry, things did not go how any of us expected them to go. But, at least the truth was brought to light and everything is known now." Thor says as he tries to be sympathetic and sincere. Cora's eyes go wide as she looks back at Thor and walks out of her room. Natasha and Thor stay put and don't follow after Cora.