31. Secret's Out

"Are you sure that's what Loki told you?" Peter asks calmly as he stares at Cora. Cora looks down at the floor, and back up at Peter.

"I wouldn't lie about something so serious. That's what he told me while I was knocked out, when he came into my head." Cora says as she sits on the end of Peter's bed.

"Nat is going to be pissed that it was Loki who told you." Peter says, Cora looks at him with fire in her eyes, and Peter covers his mouth as he realizes he thought out loud.

"Please, let me explain, Cora." Peter pleads as he watches Cora's hands begin to glow gold.

"What the hell do you know?" Cora asks through her teeth as she jumps up and takes hold of the front of Peter's shirt.

"Everyone back at headquarters knows, Thor told them the night before we came to Asgard. I overheard them, just after they were told. Nat made me swear not to tell you, she said Thor needed to be the one to do it." Peter blurts out, Cora narrows her eyes and scowls at Peter.

"Anything else?" Cora asks, through clenched teeth.

"Their Majesties and the Warriors also know. As for the other recruits, they have no idea." Peter says, Cora's eyes go wide, she lets go of Peter's shirt and runs to the door, throwing it open, she runs across the hall to her own room, opens the door, closes and locks herself inside.

"Cora, please. I'm sorry you had to find out this way. But, what was said is the truth." Peter says up close to her door. Tears fall down Cora's face and she slides down the length of her door until she's sitting with her knees up toward her chest.

"Please, open the door Cora. You know I hate seeing you upset." Peter pleads, Cora shakes her head.

"Just go away. And don't tell anyone about this, not Thor or Loki, no one. As far as Thor and Loki believe, I have no memory of what was said while I was knocked out." Cora says as she stays on the floor in front of her door.

Cora stays on the floor for a few minutes, then gets up and goes to the wardrobe to pick out an outfit for the day. She decides on a black and creme colored dress, with off the shoulder long sleeves, a corset like top with a scallop pattern across it, and a thick layered tulle skirt with flowers embroidered throughout. Simple black heels and her amulet are all she pairs with the dress. She loosely curls her hair and twists the front pieces until they lay against her head, then she pins them back with a bobby-pin. A semi soft smokey-eyeshadow look and nude lipstick is all she does for her makeup.

"Act like it's a normal day, everything is fine." Cora repeats to herself as she walks to the door. With her hand on the knob, Cora repeats the phrase one more time, then opens the door and steps out of her room. As she closes the door behind her, Cora looks down toward the end of the hallway and sees Loki round the corner. Loki looks at Cora and stops in the middle of the hallway.

Squaring her shoulders, Cora walks toward Loki. She stops in front of him and looks at him puzzled.

"Everything alright, Loki?" Cora asks calmly, Loki looks Cora up and down twice before shaking his head and answering her.

"I came to see if you were alright. You weren't in the great hall, Thor and I figured you may have fallen ill again. But, that does not seem like the case here." Loki explains, as he looks Cora in the eyes, trying to decipher whether or not she knows the truth.

"I had said that I was going to change before going to the great hall." Cora reminds Loki, Loki only nods and turns back the way he came. Cora follows a few steps behind Loki. As they turn the corner, Cora see's Lady Siff quietly talking to Thor in the middle of an unused corridor. As Cora and Loki pass by, Lady Siff and Thor both look up and their eyes go wide as they see Cora. As Cora passes the corridor, she can feel Lady Siff and Thor now walking behind her. Loki pushes the doors of the great hall open and steps aside so Cora can enter, all the recruits look toward the sound of the doors opening, and gasp when they see Cora.