17. Mischievous Ways

As Cora and Peter make their way through the secret entrance to the throne room, Peter can't help but keep staring at Cora with her gold glowing eyes.

"You know, the staring isn't necessary." Cora says as she rounds a corner through the secret passageway.

"Sorry, you just look like something the Winchester brothers should be hunting." Peter says and looks away from Cora.

"Old yellow eyes was the least of their problems, when it came to hunting all the other demons." Cora says, Peter laughs ever so lightly. Cora shakes her head and rolls her eyes.

Stopping in front of a solid stone wall, Cora pushes on the center of the wall, and the secret door gives way. As Cora and Peter walk through the door and into the throne room, Cora closes her eyes, breathes in, and then slowly breathes out. Once she reopens her eyes, they are no longer glowing.

"Young Peter, young Cora. What are the two of you doing here?" Queen Frigga asks as she looks toward the sound of the secret door opening.

"We're sorry for the intrusion your Majesties. But, we have a problem." Cora says and looks to Peter as they fully enter the throne room.

"More troublesome than what is happening outside at this very moment?" Odin asks as he turns away from the window he had been looking out of and approaches Cora and Peter.

"Yes, the others have gone against Thor's orders to stay inside. They've gone to the village to fight." Cora says worriedly. Odin comes up to them and looks Cora sternly in the eye.

"How, did they manage to get out?" Odin asks, Cora straightens up before answering.

"They pried one of the windows open, and jumped out of it." Cora says concern coating her voice. Odin just simply nods as he takes in the information Cora is telling him.

"What do we need to do, your Majesty?" Peter asks wholeheartedly. Odin walks away from Cora, and begins to pace the throne room.

"The way I see it, the best thing would be for those that went to fight, be dealt the ultimate punishment once the battle is over. But, I have a strong feeling that the others will put their leaving the safety of the great hall on one of you." Odin begins to say, Cora and Peter look at each other and then look back at Odin.

"So, you two will do this, you will go and join the fight, make sure to stay out of harms way. And once the threat is dealt with, Thor will most certainly ask as to whose idea it was for all of you to join the fight. What the others say is on them. As for you two, I want one of you to simply say, that you were given other orders. I wish to see how my sons react to such news, I also want them to pick out the truth in the lies." Odin finishes saying, at this point Cora and Peter are wide eyed with shock and disbelief.

"You want us to throw them off, but also test them at the same time?" Cora asks seeing if she understands Odin's plan.

"Precisely, now go and join the battle." Odin says as he re-approaches Cora and Peter. Peter and Cora look at one another and then at Odin completely baffled at the turn of events.

"Are you sure it is a wise decision for them to go into battle? They are not properly trained for such a task." Queen Frigga asks and approaches Odin.

"This is one of the ways they will learn about battle, by going into one and figuring it out." Odin says, Cora and Peter look at each other and concern fills both of them. Odin waves Cora and Peter out of the throne room.

As they exit through the secret door, Cora shifts into training clothes and Peter puts on his Iron Spider suit using his wrist band. As they rush back through the passageway, the torches that line the wall light up. Making their way back into the great hall, they head for the already open window. A winged creature flies close to the window just as they reach it.