2. Love and Unbearable Pain

As Thor, Loki, and Caitriona landed in the dome of the Bifrost, Loki quickly picked up Caitriona and cradled her. Heimdall stood watching as the sons of Asgard started toward the great castle.

"Now that you have your maiden back, how do you expect to get past the guards? Your father has told them all to stand watch at every entrance, to ensure that you can be stopped." Heimdall asked and stated warily.

"I have my ways of being able to go unnoticed around here, I am sure I can find an unguarded entrance." Loki said looking down at Caitriona, who winced and moaned painfully in his arms.

Eyes wide with worry, Loki sprinted out of the dome and down the rainbow bridge towards the lower end of the great castle. He knew the only way in to the castle would be near the lowest point, down by the place he dreaded more than any other place in Asgard; the dungeon.

"Do not worry, my dear. I will get you the help you need." Loki said looking into Caitriona's eyes. He kept his eyes locked with hers as he ran toward the secret entrance hidden at the bottom of the castle.

"I do not know how much longer I can hold on, Loki." Caitriona said weakly as she started wincing harder from the mysterious pain.

With a new sense of fear, Loki ran faster, and reached the door. He swung it open and with a loud crack it violently hit the wall of the castle. At this point, Loki did not care if anyone got in his way, he would take them down by any means necessary.

Running through the dungeon corridors, Loki couldn't help but shutter as he was reminded of the months of solitude he had been forced to endure. Shaking his head, he pushed all of those memories to the back of his mind and focused on getting Caitriona to the infirmary. Heading up the stairs, Loki came to a split hallway, and ran down the right hallway. Then halfway down, he took a left through an unguarded entry way and went up a small spiral staircase, at the top of the stairs, Loki came face to face with a door. He opened the door and entered the infirmary.

"Well, brother. It took you longer to get here than it did me." Thor said as Loki closed the door behind him.

"You know, not all of us can just simply go through the front door anymore." Loki said smugly as he laid Caitriona on to the exam table.

"Dagny, Runa." Thor yelled, and two women swiftly and silently entered the room. They pushed past Loki and surrounded Caitriona.

"Please, figure out what is wrong with her and help her." Loki pleaded falling to his knees and grabbing on to Dagny's arm. Dagny pulled her arm away and gave Loki a stern look.

"We will do everything we can, but her prognosis appears to be grim." Dagny said emotionlessly.

"Grim? What do you mean her prognosis is grim?" Loki screamed as he jumped up and pushed Dagny away from Caitriona, and cornered her. Dagny squared her shoulders and tried to size up Loki. Thor and Runa just stood by watching.

"Brother, perhaps if you would stop with the dramatics Dagny and Runa could explain what is wrong." Thor said and walked over to Loki and pulled him away from Dagny.

"It is very obvious as to what is wrong with her. She is extremely hypothermic, and nearing the end of what appears to be a very difficult pregnancy." Runa's soft voice states as Dagny rejoins her by the exam table. Stunned and bewildered Thor looked over at Loki, who had backed up to the door he had just come through and he fell to the floor.

"Sh---she is pregnant?" Loki asked trying to get his thoughts in order.

"Yes, and she appears to be nearing the end of it." Dagny said as she began prepping Caitriona.