49. Together Again

As Cora stands in the landing pad, she looks up at the compound and see's recruits scatter away from the windows. Cora uses her shifting power and changes from her ball gown and into a sparring jumpsuit.

The door of the compound opens and Natasha stands in the entrance and waves at Cora. All of Cora's emotions build up and she runs toward Natasha. Opening her arms, Natasha hugs Cora as she reaches her.

"What are you doing here, kiddo?" Natasha asks as she pulls away from Cora.

"Came to get Peter, Andre, and Olivia. My parents are getting married, and Odin thought it would be a good idea to have them join in on the festivities." Cora explains as Natasha links arms with Cora and walks her into the compound.

"Hold on, did you just say your parents are getting married?" Natasha asks, stunned as she stops in the middle of the training room.

"Yeah, I was surprised when I heard about it as well. Not to mention, my mother had another baby three months ago." Cora explains, Natasha's eyes go wide and her mouth slightly falls open.

"Wait, back up, what?" Natasha asks as she regains her composure. Cora only nods as she watches recruits just stare at her and Natasha.

"If any of you are thinking of attacking me, I'd strongly suggest against it. I have more power than all of you recruits in this room." Cora says to the recruits as she straightens her posture. Natasha gives Cora a surprised look but nods in agreement with her.

"Cora's right, you guys don't stand a chance against her." Natasha says as she pulls Cora away from the recruits.

"Being the daughter of the God of Mischief has its advantages." Cora states and the recruits all gasp when she says this.

"Anywho, Peter, Andre, and Olivia are all in the secondary combat training room. The three of them train together practically everyday." Natasha says as they round the corner and nearly almost bump into Ruby.

"Miss Romanov, I'm so sor—." Ruby begins to say as she looks up and see's Natasha and then Cora. When she see's Cora, she turns on her heels and begins to walk away from the two of them. Natasha and Cora exchange a look with each other, before Cora waves two fingers in the air, which makes Ruby turn around and slide back in front of her and Natasha.

"What do you have for me, Ruby?" Natasha asks as she looks at Ruby. Cora keeps her expression smooth, and doesn't show an ounce of emotion towards Ruby.

"The reports you asked for." Ruby says as she hands a file over to Natasha. Ruby stays quiet as she stands in front of Natasha and Cora.

"Thank you, now get back to your normal duties." Natasha says, Ruby nods and walks around her and Cora, and doesn't look back at either of them as she tries to get away.

"I see the limitation cuff is still coming in handy since Thor sent some back with you after you came back to Earth." Cora notes as she and Natasha stand in the middle of the hallway.

"Yes, considering the four that tried to end you have been the only ones to wear them. They have come in handy when keeping them under control." Natasha says as she looks up from the report and to Cora. Just as Natasha looks at Cora, a loud thud can be heard from down the hall. Cora looks in the direction of the thud and Natasha laughs.

"They must be doing hardcore training, because that sounded like it hurt." Cora says as she keeps her eyes toward the end of the hall.

"Yeah, ever since they came back from Asgard, it's all they do, other than the occasional mission they go on as a team." Natasha says, Cora looks at her as she says the last part.