16. Battle Grounds

Just as Cora rounds a corner, an appetizing smell hits her nose and she follows it all the way to the great hall.

"About time, Cora. I was beginning to think I'd have to come look for you." Peter says as Cora enters the great hall and sits next to him.

"Sorry, it took some time to find what I was looking for." Cora says and places the book on the table.

"Mind over Fear: How to Control Fear and Other Things?" Peter says the book title questioningly.

"I figured this could help me get control of my powers. It seems the reason I have such a hard time gaining control of them, is because I'm fearful of them." Cora says as she loads a plate up with different kinds of goodies.

"You think this will help?" Peter says and points at the book just as he finishes loading his plate.

"It's worth a shot." Cora says as she takes a bite of Ham. Just as Cora and Peter begin to eat, Andre and Olivia slowly walk into the great hall. The expressions on their faces are ones of pure terror.

"You two alright?" Peter asks as they approach the table.

"We were told to come to the great hall." Andre says shaky, and looks between Peter and Cora.

"After what I went through, I don't think I want to sleep again." Olivia says as she and Andre stand beside the table.

"Your nightmare realities were that bad, huh?" Cora asks, Andre and Olivia look at her with dumbfounded looks.

"Nightmare reality? What are you talking about?" Andre asks as he rubs his eyes.

"That's what they put all of us through. I got out of mine first, and then Peter came out of his not to long after. They placed us in our most deepest inner fears, and made them almost as real as our own reality." Cora says, Andre and Olivia look at her with wide shocked eyes.

"Why would they do that though?" Olivia asks as she sits down across from Peter and Cora.

"They want us to expect the unexpected, while we are here. And plus, Thor actually warned us about this yesterday." Cora says, Andre and Olivia give Cora looks that translate to what do you mean.

"When Thor was talking about how Asgard can make our most wild nightmares feel like a reality. And then remember he had said the only way to get out of a suspected untrue reality, is to go through a type of reflective surface and be brought back to your own reality." Cora explains, Andre and Olivia's eyes nearly pop out of their heads and their mouths drop.

"What did you guys go through to get out?" Peter asks, both Olivia and Andre look at each other and then back to Peter and Cora.

"I got thrown through a window." Andre says and shutters at the memory.

"I got thrown into a water trough." Olivia says, and shakes her head.

"How did you two get out?" Andre asks looking between Peter and Cora.

"I crawled into a lake." Peter says and goes back to eating his plate of food.

"I jumped through a mirror." Cora says, and pops a piece of Ham into her mouth.

"Sit down and eat. If nightmare realities are the first thing they are putting us through today, who knows what else they have planned." Peter says, Andre and Olivia sit across from Peter and Cora. They begin to load up their plates and eat, when Thor comes walking in.