50. Festivity

The blue and white light of the Bifrost fades as Cora and the others land in the Observatory. Just as Heimdall is about to welcome the kids back, Eluf's screams radiate through the Observatory. Cora looks and sees him laying on the floor toward the entrance.

"Is that a baby?" Olivia asks concerned as Cora goes and picks Eluf up off the ground. Cora looks down and rolls her eyes as she cradles Eluf. Eluf's screams quiet down as he looks at Cora.

"He started screaming again, not even ten minutes after you left." Heimdall states, Cora looks at him and then to Eluf and shakes her head.

"We have to get you used to when sister leaves, don't we?" Cora coos at Eluf, who makes little noises as he stares at Cora.

"Uh, Cora? Do you mind catching us up on what all we clearly missed?" Olivia asks, Cora walks back to the group that still stands in the landing pad.

"To make a long story short, my mother had a baby three months ago, and I found out about him, this morning, before getting you guys." Cora says as she gestures to Eluf when she says the word baby. Peter, Andre, and Olivia all look at Cora with shocked expressions.

"It appears he has learned to teleport." Heimdall says, as Cora is about to agree with Heimdall, chatter goes on in her ear piece.

"Cora, we need your help. Eluf has gone missing. And your mother is hysterical." Thor says, Cora looks down at Eluf and shakes her head.

"Looks like he's learned to teleport. Cause he teleported to the floor by the entrance of the Observatory just as we came back." Cora says into her communicator, she hears Thor breathe a sigh of relief. Just as Cora looks up from Eluf, Loki teleports into the Observatory, and walks to Cora.

"What are we going to do with you, little one?" Loki says as he takes Eluf from Cora. Eluf begins to fuss a little, and Cora lightly rubs his head. Flittering her fingers, Cora makes the little orbs appear above Eluf's head again. He watches as they slowly revolve around his head.

"Good to see you are back in one piece." Loki says as he uses one of his arms to side hug Cora. Then lightly kisses the top of her head.

"Told you guys I wouldn't be long. Just long enough to mess with the others and bring them back." Cora says as she gestures to Peter, Andre, and Olivia.

"Yours and your friends help is needed over at the ceremony space." Loki looks at Cora and tells her. Cora nods and she begins to walk out of the Observatory behind Loki.

"Where is the ceremony taking place?" Olivia asks, Cora turns back to her friends.

"The main balcony, outside the throne room." Cora answers, Olivia waves her hand and the portal to transport them to the balcony appears. They walk through the portal and stand at the end of the balcony.

"You guys look like you are wrestling a piñata for its candy." Cora laughs as she watches Fandral and Thor try to untangle a massive ball of plastic streamers.

"Well, you try and undo this infernal thing." Thor says as he throws the wad of streamers on the ground.

Cora and Olivia step up and each take a side of the streamers, both Cora and Olivia examine the streamers before looking at each other and nodding. Cora pulls up her side of the streamers, then pulls at a strand on the bottom. Olivia does the same thing, and the streamers fall to the ground, no longer a tangled mess.

Thor and Fandral gawk at both girls, as they smirk and shake their heads. Cora uses her powers to levitate the streamers off the ground, runs them down the walls, then hangs them from the vine that hangs overhead.

"You would think these two would know the most effective way to untangle streamers." Cora says as she shakes her head at Fandral and Thor.

"At least that infernal thing is now taken care of." Thor says as he walks away from the balcony and back into the throne room.