9. Traveling Realms

Just before day breaks, Cora is up and ready to get the task for today over with. She had spent most of the night unable to sleep, her mind kept going back and forth as to whether or not she truly wanted to go to Asgard.

Once she knew everyone would be asleep for the night, she snuck out of her room and headed outside to the track. To her, running is how she keeps her mind at ease. It calms and helps her think, she doesn't have to worry about much when she runs track.

"I should have known you'd be here." Cora hears a deep voice yell toward her. She looks up and see's Thor. Rounding the corner, Cora comes to a stop in front of him.

"It's the only place I can think without being bothered." Cora says, and takes in Thor's sleepy appearance.

"So, have you thought it over?" Thor asks and walks beside Cora as she goes back to doing laps.

"I've been going back and forth with the decision since the list of recruits was announced yesterday." Cora says keeping her gaze straight ahead.

"If you don't feel it's right for you to go, then you most certainly do not have to go." Thor says almost as if he's trying to persuade Cora not to go.

Cora notices the tone change in Thor's voice and looks at him. She stops walking, and takes a big breath of air.

"I want to go, I do. But, I'm scared of what the others will do to me there. Even though you told them, if they misbehaved in any way they'd be sent back here for punishment, they will still do things." Cora admits, and starts walking again. Just as she begins to walk, Thor grabs her wrist, Cora turns back to look at Thor.

"Everyone in Asgard will keep eyes on all of you. If any type of bullying happens, it will be reported to me and be dealt with." Thor promises, and let's go of Cora's wrist. They both begin to walk the track in silence.

"You may need to have eyes everywhere, not just when we are in the public eye. Cause even when all of us are in our own rooms, they still find ways to torture me." Cora says as she grasps the amulet around her neck with both hands. Thor looks over at the amulet, Cora catches Thor looking at the amulet from the corner of her eye.

"What do you know about this?" Cora asks and stops walking, she raises the amulet up. Thor's eyes go wide as Cora asks about the amulet.

"I ask, only because when you came yesterday, I saw you eyeing it. And just now, you looked at it again." Cora says, Thor stays silent for a little longer than he meant to.

"I don't believe I have seen anything like it in a long time. It looks to be some type of ancient possibly dead by now language." Thor says as he lies.

"Well, that's a bit disappointing." Cora says and frowns.

"Why is it disappointing?" Thor asks interested in what Cora will say.

"I thought that, since you had been to every realm in the cosmos that maybe you had seen this type of language or something close to it. I'm nearly eighteen, and I still have no idea where I came from, or why I was placed with SHIELD." Cora admits and looks toward the slow rising sun.

"We have a library full of books about ancient dead languages, one of them may hold the answers you're looking for." Thor says supportively. The morning trumpet wake up call begins to sound on the intercom through out the compound. Cora looks at Thor, and smiles deviously.

"Race you back." Cora says, Thor smiles back and nods. They both get into a running position, Cora nods, then they both take off toward the compound.

"I win!" Cora squeals as she reaches the front door of the compound.

"No, I'm fairly certain that I won." Thor says, as he stands next to Cora and breathes heavy.

"When's the last time you ran like that? Cause you sound like your dying." Cora says as Thor sits on the ground in front of the door.

"It's been quite a while. Ever since I've gotten back into shape, I've been taking the running portion of my exercise a bit slow." Thor huffs out between deep breaths of air.

"How do you expect to keep up with the kids in Asgard if your huffing and puffing all the time?" Natasha asks poking her head out the door Thor isn't blocking.

"I'll find a way." Thor says as he gets off the ground and stumbles ever so slightly, Cora grabs a hold of Thor's arm before he can fully stumble to the ground.

"Are you sure you'll be able to handle all of us? Cause you can barely stand as is." Cora asks as she helps Thor into the training room.

"I'll be fine. Nat, are the others ready to go?" Thor asks as the elevator door opens and the recruits going to Asgard step out with one bag each slung over their shoulder.

"Looks like it." Natasha says as she hands Cora her one bag. Cora hugs Natasha one armed before she goes and stands next to Peter in the group of recruits.

"Alright, just a few rules before we leave." Thor says to the kids, some of which are still half asleep.

"When we travel to Asgard, do not make any sudden movements, it could potentially throw us off course. Two, keep all body parts in the landing pad at all times, don't need anyone missing limbs when we arrive. Three, respect is a must. If you disrespect Odin, the Queen or anyone in Asgard, consequences will be dealt out. Are we clear?" Thor asks after telling the rules.

"Yes sir." Some of the recruits sleepily say. Thor tosses Mjölnir in the air, catches it, And slams it on the ground causing the ground to rumble and shake beneath everyone. Recruits that had been half asleep, jump wide awake and become more alert.

"Let's try that again, are we clear on the rules?" Thor asks, all the recruits straighten up and respond.

"Yes sir." All the recruits say, and stand at attention.

"That's better. Now let's head out." Thor says and turns toward the front door of the compound. As he exits the compound, the recruits follow behind him and whisper to each other.

Walking outside, Thor heads for the landing pad he had burned into the ground yesterday when he first arrived. As he stands in the center of the landing pad, the recruits gather around him in the tight space.

"Heimdall, bring us up." Thor says and a bright light comes down from the sky and engulfs everyone in the landing pad. The light shoots everyone up into the sky. It only takes a few seconds for Thor and the recruits to land in the Bifrost dome.

"Welcome home, Prince of Asgard. And welcome to our new visitors. I am Heimdall, seer of all things and keeper of the Bifrost." Heimdall says welcoming everyone to Asgard.

"Stay in your group, and do not wander off as we make our way to the castle." Thor says as he guides the recruits out of the Bifrost dome.

As they all exit the Bifrost, everyone gasps as they take in the beauty that is Asgard.