3. Banishment

As Thor made his way to the great throne room, he wondered if he had truly done the right thing by betraying his brother yet again. His thoughts were confirmed as Adamaris began to scream and wail.

"How can something so tiny be so loud and obnoxious?" Thor asked as Adamaris continued to wail and move around in his arms. Just as Thor reached the great throne room, the doors opened and he walked the long path that led to the great throne, where Odin sat waiting.

"The deed is done?" Odin asked as Thor approached his father.

"Yes, Loki has been caught, subdued, and is on his way to the dungeon as we speak." Thor said and Odin nodded with approval.

"And the commoner?" Odin asked sternly.

"She passed on after delivering the child." Thor said somberly, and looked down at Adamaris, who started whimpering, Thor unthinkingly stroked Adamaris's cheek and she quieted down.

"It is a shame, a child should have a parent, someone to look after it. But, this instance is a different story, no parents and no one to look after it. The child has no place here, and so it shall be sent off." Odin proclaimed, Thor's gaze shot from Adamaris and on to his father.

"Father, why do we need to send the child away? Can you and mother not raise her as your own?" Thor asked as he tried to somehow fix the situation he had created. What Odin said next, made Thor question his choices up to this point.

"This child is nothing short of a commoner, it does not belong amongst us. And will only cause trouble in the future. You see who the father is, and the amount of trouble he has caused us." Odin said with a booming voice.

"But, father, the child is innocent, and should be given a chance to live amongst those it has a common link with——." Thor said, but was stopped short as Odin screamed.

"The decision has been made, do not disobey an order, now take the child to the bifrost and send it far away from Asgard." Odin exclaimed.

"Yes, father." Thor said as he turned toward the doors of the great throne room, and walked out.

Walking down the halls of the great castle, Thor made a last minute decision. Instead of continuing straight ahead, Thor took a right at an entry way, and headed down a few flights of stairs. Knowing what his father would think, if he found out, Thor didn't care, he knew he was doing the right thing. As he reached the end of the long hallway, he went through a door on his left, and entered a large slightly darkened room; the dungeon. Thor took a deep breath, tucked Adamaris more into his arms, and made his way to the end of the room.