20. Secret of A King

"Any news yet?" Odin asks, Thor shakes his head.

"I haven't heard anything, I have not been back by there yet." Thor says and hangs his head.

"Something will be told soon. We must keep to that." Odin says trying to be positive. But the strain in his voice is evident as Thor looks at him and see's a tear roll down his face.

"Father, why did you send them out to fight?" Thor asks as he watches Odin's expression.

"I wanted to see if what I had witnessed for myself and what Heimdall had told me were true." Odin says, Thor looks at his father confused.

"What you witnessed, what Heimdall told you?" Thor asks lost and confused by what his father has said.

"Unbeknownst to you or Loki, I had Heimdall keep an eye on the child all those years ago. Not only would I get news from Heimdall, but once a year, I would go to Midgard and check on her." Odin confesses, Thor's eyes go wide as he hears his father's confession.

"You went to see her, after you banished her?" Thor asks questioningly, not able to fully understand what Odin is telling him.

"I stayed far enough away to where she could not see me. Just to see how she was getting along with the Midgardians, but by the looks of what has been witnessed here and down there, it has not been easy for her." Odin says looking out the windows of the throne room.

"You went against your own orders? Going and seeing her while Loki was either in the dungeon or causing havoc on Earth. If you wanted to keep an eye on her, why didn't you just keep her here?" Thor asks, Odin looks to Thor and stands up.

"It was for her own good! Had she stayed here, Loki would have corrupted her, she would have been as bad as him or worse. I did us all a favor by banishing her." Odin screams at Thor.

"All you did was throw her to a more dangerous environment. What's worse is you are the cause of what has happened to her. How can you just isolate yourself away from everyone, knowing your orders caused this to happen?" Thor exclaims, Odin becomes enraged.

"A king does not hide from situations they caused. They lay in wait, figure out how to proceed and then face the issue head on!" Odin screams.

"How do you propose to proceed with the current situation at hand, then? Nothing can be done. If she does not make it through this, her blood is on you hands." Thor says, then turns and begins to head out of the throne room.

"Where do you think you are going? Do you think I have not thought about that, since the incident happened? I am in more of a panic than I let on. If she does not make it, Loki will cause havoc again. And nothing will be able to stop him." Odin says, Thor turns back to Odin and looks at him.

"I have six other recruits that I need to deal with, Peter is exempt from having to hear what will be said to the others. His only job at this moment, is to let us know if anything changes with Cora." Thor says and turns back around and walks out of the throne room.

"I told you not to send them out there. And now we have to deal with a possible death. You never were one to listen to reason." Queen Frigga says as she appears in the room.

"The child is of Asgard, I wanted to see how powerful her powers were. Never did I think she would get attacked." Odin says and looks at Queen Frigga.

"The child may have been born on Asgard, but she is of Frost-Giant decent. The extent of her powers go as far as she has been trained. And you heard, what Thor has said, she was never properly trained in how to use her powers." Queen Frigga says and walks to one of the large windows.

"Asgardian or Frost-Giant, it does not matter. She is one of us, and my mistakes caused this, I will not be able to live with myself if she parishes because of my arrogant decisions." Odin says as a tear falls down his cheek.

"The medical team was able to stabilize her. They believe she may still be able to hear what is being said, and that the arguing is what possibly caused her to crash. They will not allow anyone to see her, for fear of her crashing again." Queen Frigga turns and looks to Odin.

"How long will she be admitted to the infirmary?" Odin asks, almost breathing a sigh of relief.

"As long as she stays stable for the next few hours, she should be moved to her room later tonight." Queen Frigga responds.

"That is a relief." Odin says, and walks back to his throne.

"I will leave you to your thoughts. But, please just think about everything that has happened today, so you do not make the same mistake with another recruit." Queen Frigga says and walks out of the throne room and heads for the Observatory.