33. Meetings and Goodbyes

As Cora and Davina make their way through the secret passageway, Cora can't help but think she was too harsh while talking to Loki.

"You did better than me, I would have just took off running." Davina says as she looks at Cora. Cora looks down at Davina and nods to her.

"How long do we have to go down this way?" Cora asks as she follows Davina through a tunnel on the right side of the passageway.

"Not much longer, this will put us close to where the family house is." Davina says as they continue to walk.

"Davina, did you know who I was yesterday? When myself and the others had to help in the village." Cora asks, Davina turns to her and nods.

"Yes, I knew. Prince Loki had come the day before your arrival to inform my mom and grandmother that new arrivals were coming the next day. I had heard him mention that possibly his and my late aunts lost daughter would be amongst the group of arrivals." Davina admits as she stops and looks at Cora.

"I was also told that if I figured out which one of the recruits was the daughter of my late aunt and Prince Loki, that I pretend as though I didn't know." Davina says as she turns and continues to walk down the passageway.

"What made you go against what was asked of you?" Cora asks as she shields her eyes from the sun as it leaks into the tunnel.

"You started finding out who you were. I felt it would have been wrong to keep it from you." Davina says as they exit the passageway and enter a small wild flower field.

"Where are we?" Cora asks as she looks around.

"At the bottom of the other end of the village, the rainbow bridge where you and the others came from through the Bifrost is just down there on the other side of the cottages." Davina says and points toward the rainbow bridge.

"Ah, alright I see now." Cora says as Davina takes her by the hand and walks her eagerly toward the last house near the mountains.

"Come on, everyone will be extremely shocked to see you." Davina says as she nearly starts to run toward the house.

"Slow down, Davina. Remember, I am still injured." Cora says as she laughs but winces at the same time as her side begins to ache.

"Oh, sorry. I forgot." Davina says as she slows back to a walking pace.

"It's alright. Davina, what was my mother's name?" Cora asks, already knowing the answer, but just checking to make sure.

"Caitriona?" Cora and Davina hear a shocked voice ask, both look up just as they get to the back gate of the house.

"Momma!" Davina says as she throws the gate open and runs to a dark haired woman standing in the yard. The woman bends down and picks up Davina, but keeps her eyes on Cora.

"How is this possible?" The woman asks, Davina laughs and the woman looks at her.

"It's not Aunt Caitriona, that's the daughter of her and Prince Loki." Davina says the woman quickly looks at Davina and then looks back at Cora.

"Come on, Cora. It's okay, you can come in." Davina says the woman looks at Davina puzzled.

"Cora?" The woman says, Cora only nods and looks at Davina. Davina nods.

"That's the name she was given on Midgard." Davina says and the woman's puzzled look intensifies.

"Liv, what's going on out there?" Another woman's voice asks, the woman known as Liv turns toward the other voice and then looks back to Cora. The woman who just spoke comes into view and stops in her tracks when she see's Cora.