46. Family Crisis

"Well done. It appears you learned a lot more than you led on while being sidelined." Thor says as he compliments Cora as the Bifrost light fades.

"Redoing the test that Peter and I had done on day one was a nice touch." Cora says as she looks toward the castle.

"Although, next time you make it a solo test, make sure no one has their communicators. Olivia, tipped me off on what needed to be done." Cora says and Thor lightly laughs and shakes his head.

"I guess, that'll be one thing I'll need to remember for next time." Thor says as he gestures toward the Observatories entrance. Cora nods and follows Thor out of the Observatory.

"So, where is he hiding?" Cora asks as she gets in the carriage.

"I haven't the slightest idea of what you mean." Thor says, Cora raises an eyebrow at him and she see's Thor give a crooked smile as he keeps his eyes on the castle.

"Uncle, do not make me bring down another bolt of lightning on you." Cora challenges as she twists Mjölnir around in her hand by the handle.

"Really? You would use my own weapon against me?" Thor asks as he stops in front of the castle and dismounts his horse.

"That seems like a better option than me going full fledged Frost-Giant and tossing you around until you tell me what I want to know." Cora says as she gets out of the carriage and stands next to Thor. Thor looks at her with wide eyes, and she smirks at him.

"Full Frost-Giant?" Thor asks genuinely scared at this point. Cora gives him a questioning look as she tries to remember who all had gone to save her yesterday.

"No one told you? One of the Frost-Giants got me extremely angry to the point where my Frost-Giant side was released." Cora confesses and watches Thor's face as it goes from scared to down right horrified.

"Your parents are either pacing around the throne room waiting on your return or on the balcony overlooking the training field." Thor quickly says and puts his hands up in a defensive manner. Cora's eyes go wide with surprise as she see's Thor almost looks genuinely terrified of her. As she walks past him, she holds Mjölnir out and Thor cautiously takes his mighty hammer.

"Gees, don't act so scared, Uncle. It's not like I'm going to unleash that side of myself, all the time." Cora says with a laugh as she walks up the stairs and toward the castles entrance.

As she approaches the doors, they open on their own. Smiling, Cora knows Loki is close by if the doors open by themselves. Passing by the doors, Fandral looks out as they open and smiles to Cora.

"You did exceptionally well at the last test. It did not seem as though it was a hard decision for you to make." Fandral says as he looks toward the observatory.

"Well, once you can tell when something is real or made up, the choice isn't that hard." Cora smiles and says, Fandral looks at her and nods.

"Sorry, that you had to be sucked into that portal." Cora says as she enters the castle, as she enters, the doors close behind her.

"It was part of the job. To make sure you kids could make the tough calls when the moment arose." Fandral says as he nods to Cora. Cora nods and walks into the castle and begins to walk toward the throne room.

"Are you avoiding me? Or are you trying to make this a game, where I have to find the two of you?" Cora mentally asks, and all she hears is Loki laugh in response.