Chapter 5 ~Lost Girl*

Wendy awoke in a strange place. She sat up to find she had been laying on a bed. Instead of blankets it was furs that covered her body. To her they seemed warmer. She seemed to be in some sort of cabin. It was a really nice looking one. The wood looked professionally carved and the floor looked polished. Burlap and furs acted as rugs for the floor. The entrace had a small door you had to duck through, but there hung hand made beads in front of it. Wendy wondered if you walked through them if they made a sound.

She got up from the bed and walked around the cabin. She discovered a mirror above a small dresser. She glanced at herself for the first time since leaving her home in London. Her hair was a mess. It was all spread out and had separated from its spiral curls. Her face was paler than usual, almost white looking. And then she saw what she was wearing. She was still wearing her jeans thank god, but her shirt was different. It wasn't her warm fuzzy sweater. It was green and frayed at the top. The collar had been completely cut off with a sharp object judging by the tearing. It completely showed off her collarbone which made Wendy want to pull it up, but knew it would do no good. Judging but how loosely it fit around her, she assumed it was a boy's shirt. She peeked under her shirt. She still had on her bra which meant that no one had stripped her down when she was out. That was good. What she did find were bandages wrapped around her middle and the lower part of her rib cage.

She turned to the nightstand by the bed and saw a tall glass of water. She gulped until there was nothing left. She didn't realize how thirsty she was until the water burned her throat going down. She looked at the empty glass blankly. Who owned a cabin in London? It was London! The thought hit her. What if she wasn't in London?

If she wasn't in London, then where the hell was she? She got up slowly. Her feet wobled a bit, but she then steadied herself. Her mind reeled. She had to be in London. She had to. She placed her frail fingers on the door handle and turned. A sequel of rusty hinges made her jump. She almost laughed aloud for how silly she was being.

The morning glow blinded her at first. When her gaze settled she looked at the sky. It was the same gray shy as home. Wendy swallowed and looked over the wooden railing. She was up so high she was almost certain she could reach up and touch the gray clouds if she wanted to. She looked over and gasped.

Jungle vegetation was everywhere. It was an island. She saw the beach just beyond the line of the trees. The island was in the shape of a perfect circle. There was something out in the distance. Wendy wasn't sure what it was. She got on her tiptoes and stretched over the railing trying to see what that large object was in the water.

"Well what do we have here?" Wendy turned around to the sound of his voice. The first thing she saw were his eyes. This boy had the prettiest eyes Wendy had ever seen; they were a sparkling green color. She forced herself to tear her eyes away from his and continue to look at all of him. He was tall. Not extremely tall, but maybe six feet. He wore a dark green shirt that looked as if from a different time. The two pieces of the sturdy cloth on the front of the shirt seemed to fold in on itself making a V like collar. He wore brown pants and boots that laces up just under his knee. He had ivory skin which contrasted from his green eyes and golden brown hair. He had pretty pink lips. His eyebrows were arched waiting for her to speak.

"You finally have awoken, my darling. What do you call yourself?" His voice was musical to Wendy's ears. She looked at anything but his eyes for the moment. She looked at a far away tree.

"Where am I?" Wendy's voice echoed in the silence. The boy smiled a little at the sound of her sweet voice he had been waiting to hear. By the time she had looked at him again it had vanished into a devilish smirk.

"I believe I had the first question?" He asked. Wendy's eyes widened as she pieced together her rudeness towards him. She changed into the proper girl her father had taught her to be.