Chapter 35 ~The Villian*

Pan couldn't believe what an idiot he was. He watched helplessly as Wendy ran deep into the jungle leaving him behind. No matter how hard he told himself to chase her, he just couldn't.

Pan always thought the hardest part of loving Wendy Darling was getting her to love him back. He had been wrong.

The hardest part was to control himself. To actually love her the way she should properly be loved.

Wendy was the most amazing thing in Pan's world. She captivated him in ways no words could attempt to explain. He had to constantly remind himself of all the ways he could hurt her in order to be with her.

She had seen the darkest sides of him. She used to be terrified of him. He showed her the villain inside himself before he understood his feelings for her. Back then she was just a girl with his heart. A girl with power he wanted.

If he knew this would happen, he would have never showed her the darkness he possessed.

Pan remembered when he used to be satisfied by her tears. And now it ripped him apart.

"If it takes so little to break your faith in me then maybe you shouldn't have led me to believe you loved me too."

Pan couldn't believe the words that had escaped her lips.

It was the most ridiculous sentence that she had ever spoken.

Of course he loved her. He never stopped. He couldn't believe she thought he didn't. But then it all made sense.

All the times she had said I Love You. Every single time she spoke it, he hadn't answered back. And it was because of how scared he was that he never told her.

Pan was scared for many reasons. For one, Evanna. The one and only person who he ever said I love you to, was dead. Loving someone after her at seemed impossible until Wendy. And Wendy was a gift he didn't deserve. Pan had always known that.

If he said I love you now, and something happened to either one of them, it would kill the other one. Pan never wanted to see that pained expression on Wendy's face again. And he sure as hell would never lose her to anything ever again.

His alternative was losing her because of himself. His ego. His darkness. Pan had sworn to himself that after Syrena he would never let her go. And Pan also had made the promise to Wendy. He would never let anyone hurt her ever again.

The right thing to do was to let her go. Villains don't get happy endings. Heroes do. And Wendy was a hero. He knew she was.
I
He had to let her go. No matter how much it hurt- no -killed him.

But the darkness inside him would not have it. Pan would hate to admit it, but being the villain he was gave him the strength to chase after her.

Pan tore through the jungle with a silent promise to her.

No matter how much it hurts.

That's how long he would always stay with her.

~~~~~~~~

Wendy's eyes fluttered open to a cave wall. Four, actually. It was pitch black, and no human being could tell whether or not they had been buried alive; but mermaid eyes could make out the rocky surface.

She gasped and then screamed.

She had her voice back. She could actually scream.

"PAN!!!!!!!!!" Her throat burned from the shrill of her raspy voice.

Her scream became clearer, "PETERRR!!!"

"Oh please! Will you shut up?" A woman's voice commanded.