Chapter 46 ~Angela Edwards*

Wendy walked along the side of the road for what felt like hours. It was a dark night out, and the forest seemed to be growing larger and larger with every step she took. She was beyond panicked now. She had tried to control her breathing for the last half hour murmuring to herself as she went.

"The trees aren't getting any bigger, calm down."

"You're just being delirious, this is the human realm. Nothing's going to hurt you anymore."

"This isn't Neverland."

"You're just trying to find a cursed town, no big deal."

With each pep talk she gave herself, Wendy felt more and more crazy. Maybe her mind was back in Neverland. Maybe Rumple didn't do the spell right in transporting her here.

But if her mind was really back on that island, her thoughts would have been stuck on the love of her life.

In the back of her mind, Wendy was trying to figure out why she hardly cared about the people she had left behind. Every time her thoughts would send her to Pan's unconscious, bloody form in the snow, she would get a migraine so agonizing she couldn't remember how it occurred. One minute she was thinking about a magical world, and the next moment all she can think about is if she'll ever get to Storybrooke before daylight cracks over the massive trees around her.

Storybrooke was all she was physically aloud to think about without any pounding in her skull. What was it like there? What would she do when she got there? Why did she have to stay?

In the past when Wendy would daydream about being back in a normal realm, she saw herself in Amsterdam. She would find her family. Her mom, John, Michael. Everything would go back to normal. She would start dancing lessons again. Meet someone better than rotten Daniel. Finish school. Settle down. Have a family....

But just like the migraine had stopped her from thinking about Pan, the thought of leaving Storybrooke made her want to be sick.

All these unfamiliar emotions were starting to take it's toll on the small, fragile girl that walked down the dark winding road. She would stumble, message her temples when her headaches came back, and take deep breaths when the nausea returned.

One moment she was in complete darkness....and then two piercing lights were shining directly at her. Wendy gawked as the vehicle came to a stop next to her, the driver staring at her.

"Hey, kid! Why the hell are you out here this late?" A man stepped out of what Wendy realized was a police car.

She couldn't believe something so normal in the human world, a car, could frighten her so much. Its loud rumble of the engine startled the quiet cricket-chirping night she had took for granted.

"Um.." The panic was back. Her gut told her to lie, but nothing came out.

"Curfew was an hour ago. What were you off doing by yourself this far away from town?" The officer took a softer tone noticing Wendy's scared expression.

"Sorry, officer. I was just taking a walk, I got a little lost when the sun came down." The policeman looked at her as if he knew she was feeding him a lie. Wendy stared back willing him to believe it.

Finally the man sighed, "What's your name, kid?"

"Angela Edwards." No hesitation. Wendy almost gasped aloud. Angela was one of her middle names. Wendy Moira Angela Darling. Edwards was her mother's maiden name. She didn't have the time to marvel how the name escaped her lips.