Chapter 21 ~Syrena*

Wendy had been through so much. She felt like she was constantly on edge. But now, sitting on a literal edge of a cliff, she felt different. She felt heavily of grief. In the distance the Jolly Roger stared back at her. It was as if it was purposely taunting her.

She still haven't brought herself to cry. Crying seemed so pointless. Everything she ever did to get away from Pan was pointless. He was like an elastic band. He would stretch away from her but like a rubber band, it would snap back into place. It was inevitable that they would be together again. It was like they were meant to be together. No matter what moves she made against it, fate always brought them back together.

It had been three days since the blowout on the Jolly Roger. Three days since she had spoken a single word. She remembered the last thing she had said.

I'm sorry.

She had spoken it to Hook when she had finalized the deal. It was a lie. The last thing she ever said was a lie. She wasn't sorry. She was done. She was done running away. She would be with Pan if she had to.

She thought he would be all over her when she arrived at camp. Bragging about his victory. Finally catching his Wendy Bird. When they did reach shore that night, he ordered all the Lost Boys to bed. No keeping watch. No bonfire parties. Just sleep.

Wendy had stood there looking dumb. With no tent to her name, Pan told her that until they made one for her, she would sleep in his. He claimed it was because he needed to keep an eye on her to make sure she would not run off again. Wendy knew that was not the case. Somehow he enjoyed being close to her. She was his property. His trophy. He wanted to admire her.

She let him hold her while they slept. He held her protectively, making sure there was no way for her to escape in the dead of night. The icy winds prevented her from moving away from him, or even having the will to.

Right before she had fallen asleep, he had whispered in her ear, "You are mine."

And now Wendy didn't know what to do. Without fighting back, she didn't know what her destiny was anymore.

Wendy stared out at the sea, the rocks, and the Jolly Roger wondering what had become of her.

~~~~~~~~

Pan couldn't believe it. He should have picked a fight with Hook sooner. The Wendy on that ship was one he had never seen before. He pictured her now the way he had seen her.

Her golden hair in a braid away from her face. It brought out her chocolate brown eyes. Her skin milky white in the moonlight. How fitting the armor was on her. It fit her it all the right places. And in the heat of the moment, one where Hook's life was hanging by a thread, she still managed to blush under his stare. It made him think of those first days with her. When she would smile at him.

His heartbeat unsteadily thumped in his chest. He didn't know what he was going to do. He had her. Finally, she was next to him. He should feel amazing. He should be with her. But it was different.

She had grown away from him. She hadn't spoken a word to him since they reached camp. She sat on the cliffs all day long. She only ate dinner because he would not leave her alone unless she did so.

He didn't know she hated him that much.

At first when she sat by the cliffs, Pan would watch from a distance, ready if she tried to throw herself off them. Soon he realized she didn't have a death wish. She would just sit there looking at the water. Thinking. He never wanted in her head so badly.

Pan didn't know what to do.

When Felix came to Pan, he was grateful. He needed a distraction. He needed Wendy out of his head, even if it was for a little while.