Chapter 32 ~Sweet Dreams*

It seemed so surreal. None of it could be true. What The Shadow had told her wasn't true. Wendy's mind reeled as Pan pulled his shirt over her head. She hadn't realized she had been shivering. She had pulled Pan's shirt over her wet clothing, but it still didn't help. The shivering wasn't from the cold, but Wendy wasn't about to let Pan think of her as weak.

She still wasn't used to walking. She could walk, but it made her very tired. They had landed from flight awhile ago. Apparently Felix was waiting for them. Wendy didn't know what to make of Felix. She knew he hated her. He always would. He would never forgive her for playing her part in Tink's death. She didn't know why he tried to save her. She saw him when she was thrown from the edge of the cliff. She should have saw Pan. That was who she was looking for. But her gaze saw Felix. And Felix had looked at her in horror. Like he actually wanted to save her from Syrena. Like he was too late to save her.

Her mind was still numb. The old Wendy probably would have cried. Mermaid Wendy could not cry, so Wendy guessed her expression wasn't too appealing. She stared blankly as Pan carried her through the trees.

"Syrena...?" She asked carefully. She felt Pan tense and then he delicately put his forehead against the top of her head.

"We took care of it." Translation was that Pan and Felix killed her. She didn't exactly know how to feel about that. She didn't know if she should feel happy that Syrena could never hurt her again. That they now they knew the identity of the mystery person. That they avenged Tinkerbell's death.

Wendy didn't know if she should feel sad. Sad because the person that could possibly turn her back was dead. That Pan had murdered another person and yet she was still by his side.

"Pan?" They both heard Felix's voice in the darkness.

"Over here." Pan called and soon Felix's footsteps became more distinct.

Wendy didn't understand the terror she was feeling. She hid her head in Pan's chest and pushed Pan's shirt as far as it would stretch further down her thigh. She didn't want anyone but Pan to see her like this.

"Is she okay?" Felix was in front of them now. Wendy closed her eyes and breathed in deeply. Pan hugged her closer. He didn't know why he felt threatened by Felix. Maybe it was because he felt like someone would rip her out of his arms at any moment.

"Yes, she's just sleeping. I want to get her back; it's especially cold out tonight." Wendy didn't really notice the cold, but shivered slightly to play along.

"Of course." Felix replied. The three of them headed toward the camp. Along the way, Wendy started to feel anxious. Something had been nagging at her. She didn't know what it was.

"How's Rudolph?" It was like Pan could read her mind. Wendy faintly remembered him knocked out at the hut's entrance before Syrena led her to the cliffs. She remembered how scared she was. Wendy knew that something horrible was going to happen that night. Of course, she thought it would be her death. Sadly, we don't always get what we want in life.

Part of her wanted to yell at herself. Here she was, in Pan's arms. A place she used to think was a living nightmare. A place now, where she felt there wasn't a safer place. She should be thankful that Syrena chose not to kill her. She should be happy she didn't have to lose Pan.

But she wasn't. Not really.

The Shadow wasn't wrong. It couldn't be. Pan trusted it, and if he did, that meant it knew every secret, every lie, and every trick Peter Pan had up his sleeve. Wendy knew what she really was to him. She had his heart. Literally. Wendy knew that he loved her, but Wendy wasn't so sure it was genuine. He might think it was. But Wendy knew what the allure of magic and power could do to a person. Especially if that person had been a villain for as long as they could remember.