Chapter 39 ~Reunited*

Pan dreamt nothing at first. In fact, he hadn't been dreaming at all for awhile now. Slowly but surely, her face became clearer and clearer. Soon he forgot he was dreaming.

"Hey." He said to Wendy coming towards her to sit on a log by the bonfire in the center of camp.

"Hi." It wasn't as inviting as he hoped. In fact, it sounded a bit forced. He tried to remember if he upset her, but only remembered the day before. They were happy.

"What's wrong?" He yelled over the hoots of the Lost Boys dancing wildly around the fire.

"I miss you."

Pan couldn't understand why there was so much pain laced in het tone. He didn't know what was wrong, but he couldn't stand Wendy's tortured expression any longer. He gently lifted her chin and softly kissed her lips. He noticed how she shied away. Her fingers didn't twine themselves in his short brown hair. She didn't whisper his name. Her hands were simply folded in her lap. Pan laid a hand on top of her own and kissed her a bit stronger. He tried to hint how much love swelled within his stomach. Enough to cause a slight tint of red on his usual cold face.

When he broke away, she didn't look at him. Her head bowed itself as if it was an instinct. Rejection slapped him across the face. Did she not love him anymore?

"I love you." He said fiercely, and a bit desperately.

Wendy's head snapped up as if she was shocked. Like he had never said the words before.

But then her eyes pooled with tears. She sobbed.

"Wendy?"

She took a shaky breath between the sobs and whispered, "Wake up."

~~~~~~~~

"So why do you think she picked us? Wendy, I mean. Why you and I of all people?" Hook questioned as he, Tink, and Felix marched through the jungle starting week two of the Rescue Wendy Darling Mission.

Tink didn't hesitate to answer, "Because we know the most about her."

"But that doesn't make sense. Why not just get Pan?" Hook was asking his questions a little too irritably. It seemed like they had searched every inch of the jungle. They tried to use all of the clues Wendy had left himself and Tinkerbell, but they didn't make sense. There was no way he would give up on finding Wendy, but there was a part of him that believed she was dead and that maybe whoever had abducted her was just playing games with them.

"Maybe because he's an-"

"She doesn't want her capture to figure out we know. Wendy probably figured Pan wouldn't be able to stop from killing the imposter and then we would never figure out where she is." Felix gave Tink a sharp look after he cut her off, but that didn't seem to erase her attitude.

Hook looked at them both startled, "So he doesn't know?"

"No." Felix said coolly. Hook saw Tinkerbell's hand grip her sword tighter.

This situation was all kinds of messed up.

"So in reality, we're on a time limit. If Pan or the fake Wendy think you're taking too long on your 'trip', we're done for. The women will figure us out?" Hook asked with dry laughter.

Tinkerbell exchanged a glance with Felix before answering his question.

"Yep, we'll be done for."

Felix glared in her direction while watching her pick up the pace in front of them. He leaned toward Hook and whispered, "Let's hope it doesn't come to that." And then Felix ran through the trees after Tinkerbell.