Chapter 23 ~Thinking Spot*

It had been a week since Syrena declared Tink dead. A week of Wendy living in a haze. Felix didn't come back. Wendy knew he was in the treehouse. Pan didn't.

Pan organized a gazillion search parties. He was convinced he had been kidnapped by the mystery person. Honestly, Wendy was beginning to wonder how stupid Pan was.

And that brought her to her deal with Syrena. She had to kill Pan. She felt sick to her stomach just thinking about it. She didn't know why. Maybe because no matter how much she didn't want to admit it, she was beginning to see the good in him.

She had no idea how to do it. She knew she had to make him admit to killing Phillip. The only thing was, Syrena's story had holes. She watched Phillip die, yet her sister saw it was Pan. How does that work? Wendy was seriously doubting Pan was the won who killed him.

Wendy did know she had to make Pan trust her, even if that meant trusting him a little herself. She knew what she had to do for Tink.

She looked around for Pan, but for once he was nowhere to be seen throughout the camp. No Lost Boys running around; they were all sleeping in the dirt. The camp was a ghost town.

One Lost Boy, with dark brown hair and pale skin watched her as she approached him.

"What's your name?" She asked giving up trying to figure out which one he was.

"Rudolph." He said looking straight at her. She felt a little threatened by his tone. It was dark and cold. His hazel eyes were seeing straight through her.

"Right, Rudolph," Wendy gave a dazzling smile that seemed to fool all Lost Boys. One she didn't know she had back in London. One Rudolph didn't fall for. "Do you know where Pan is? I need to speak with him." Rudolph narrowed his eyes once more, but shrugged.

"He's in his thinking spot." He pointed to the beach, "Just keep going that way and you won't miss him." She soon found herself walking across the sandy beach in search of the palm trees Tink had told her about.

Words could not describe how much she missed Tink. She might have said no one understood how she felt if not for Felix. He was hurting much worse than she was.

It seemed like she wasn't really gone. It was as if she had gone in the jungle to get something and had to take a detour. She was just late. She's coming, don't worry. Wendy half expected her to come flying out of the tree line barreling toward her with that bright goofy smile.

Wendy didn't understand why she missed her so badly. They hadn't even known each other a week. Wendy couldn't make sense of it. They just clicked. No introductions necessary, they were meant to be friends. Maybe even sisters in another life. Wendy felt like her other half had been ripped from her personal being. Like she would never be hole again.

This wasn't like her, and Wendy Darling knew it. She wasn't a murderer. She wasn't a monster. She wasn't Pan. She knew she didn't have it in her to kill. Wendy kept telling herself that this is what Tinkerbell would want. She would've wanted her revenge to be carried out.

But was that really what Tink would have wanted? Did she really want Wendy to tear herself up in revenge? To loose herself in bloodlust? Wendy didn't know. All she knew was that she had to find whoever touched her Tink and end them. No discussion necessary.

It took her a minute to make out the hammock's shape. It was sunset; the sky filled with purples and pinks. It was almost blinding in its beauty. She began to make out Pan's black silhouette swinging in the hammock. His head was tilted back admiring the new formed stars in the pink sky.

Wendy didn't know what Pan's conclusion was from all her hysterical crying or Felix's disappearance. There was no way he could guess the right reason. He must of had an explanation and Wendy was curious as to what it was.