Chapter 34 ~Shattered*

About an hour later, Wendy had found her way back to the hut. She quickly changed back into her night clothes and climbed into back into bed.

Wendy turned to Pan's sleeping form. She felt her eyes sting and remembering she couldn't cry, she cuddled closer to Pan.

Wendy kissed him. She couldn't imagine herself acting the way she was if he had been awake. She became glad he wasn't.

Wendy combed her fingers through his soft bronze colored hair. She kissed his cheek near the corner of his mouth. She kissed his forehead. His head, his neck, his collarbone.

Wendy didn't know what came over her. Regretfully she thought of Baelfire. No matter how hard she tried to fool herself by pretending she was too shocked to move, she knew the truth.

She didn't pull away because Pan had never kissed her like that. Not once. Wendy wanted to curl up in a ball.

Why couldn't she just break through the ice around his heart?

Why couldn't there be enough time left to try?

In the end she fell back asleep with his head pressed against her heart.

~~~~~~~~

Felix never felt such an envy in all his life.

Peter Pan really did get everything he wanted. He has the power. He got the girl. Felix remembered that pain he felt when he finally met up with Pan in the jungle. When he saw Wendy sleeping against his chest. The way she curled up to him so naturally.

Felix never had that. All he had gotten was a kiss. Not even a 'I-love-you-so-much-the-world-is-going-to-end' kiss. Back then, they had just figured out their feelings. Or at least he had. The kiss they shared was a 'oh-my-god-you-like-me?' kiss.

If Felix was somehow granted one wish by that damned Blue Fairy Tink had never shut up about, obviously he would wish for her to be alive.

But if he got an extra wish.....

Felix would have gone back in time. He would tell his stupid past self to figure out he loved her sooner. He would have got to give her that kiss he always wanted to give before Pan took her away. And before she was killed.

No matter the envy he felt for Pan, he knew that their relationship wasn't going to be sunshine and rainbows anytime in the near future.

They couldn't be together for very long. She did have his heart, after all. Wendy probably knew. It couldn't be possible for Wendy to wash up on  Skull Rock and not know.

Wendy would finally know how Felix felt. Felix understood that the prophecy stated that their could be two. He knew that. Yet, what were the odds of him actually finding them?

Felix could only lie awake in bed and think.

Until he heard the wolf howl....

~~~~~~~~

Wendy couldn't resist the allure of the ocean when she stepped out of the hut. It called her. The sound of waves crashing on rocks.

She quickly shed her clothes and looked behind her shoulder to make sure no Lost Boys were lurking. The water felt almost too cold on her skin. If it wasn't for the fact she didn't have clothes, she would have run back out.

As soon as the water reached her waist, she dove under. She felt like she could finally breathe. Like nothing invisible was blocking her lungs anymore. Before she knew it, her aqua tail was pushing her forward. Deeper and deeper into the ocean.

Wendy was fully aware that she had the power to leave. She could swim anywhere. Pan wouldn't be able to stop her. The mermaid in her pushed and pushed. For once both halves of her wanted something in common. To leave Neverland behind forever.