Chapter 41 ~A Deal*

Wendy couldn't put her grief into words.

As she looked into the golden eyes of the reptilian man, she felt like a tidal wave was knocking into her fragile being. She hated how vulnerable the powerful sorcerer made her feel.

The deal she was yet to make already felt like a defeat. As if she was the villain fit for a cruel punishment. In reality, if Wendy refused to take it, someone else would have to pay a greater price for her benefit.

Taking Rumplestilkskin's deal meant she would likely never feel true happiness ever again. She closed her eyes and vanquished any selfishness her darkest desires wished, and cleared her throat for the Crocodile.

"Yes," she said sadly. Regret coated every inch of her voice.

Rumple raised an eyebrow at her, "Yes what, my dear?"

"Yes, we have a deal."

~~~~~~~~ Three days earlier

Wendy couldn't stop her wild gasps.

"Wendy, Wendy you're alright." Tink rubbed her shoulder.

"No, no, no, no...." Wendy murmured looking at each one of their faces. Hook and Felix looked at her in concern. Tink's smile looked genuine.

But there was someone else among the sweet reunion.

Sensing her fear, the creature laughed a high choking sound. He seemed to glide towards her, or maybe her vision had still not returned to normal.

"Rumplestilkskin's the name, dearie." He held out his hand to shake, but Wendy glared.

"Where did you come from?" She asked icily. Felix and Hook exchanged a glance.

"I come from all realms, anytime someone needs me. And my dear, you clearly needed me." Another cackle.

Wendy grimaced, but then suddenly remembered her dread before the Dreamshade took over her body.

Pan.

"Pan....something's wrong," Everyone but Rumple looked down at her confused. Wendy closed her eyes and hunted the island through her new unlocked senses.

No matter how hard she tried to focus on him; his voice, his face, his eyes, something pushed her out.

"I can't find Pan."

"Find him?" Felix asked.

"Find him like the way I found all of you. Through magic. It's like he's not here. Like he's not on Neverland."

"You're powers came to you because you were being tortured, Wendy. What if you're wrong about Pan and we march ourselves into a death trap?" Hook asked.

"I found her, didn't I?!" Wendy pointed at Tink in frustration, "I wasn't trying to find her like I was with you and Felix. I thought Ursula killed her." The crack in her voice was unintentional. She instantly regretted it, seeing how Tinkerbell cringed and Rumple grinned.

"Ms. Darling is right, you know." All heads swiveled in his direction. Rumple carried on, "And I'm not new to magic by any means. I recognize Ursula's powers. I know her signature better than anyone, as her mentor.

"You mentored her?" Tink asked disgusted, "You willingly let her turn into a heartless monster? Let her ruin innocent lives?"

Suddenly, Rumple didn't seem so comfortable spouting little riddle-like sentences. He glowered at Tinkerbell so angrily, Wendy became a bit nervous. "I'm not in charge of her, Ms. Bell. I only taught her to use her magic. I don't tell her what to do with it. And as for innocent, her target is far from it."