Chapter 44 ~Defeat*

Ursula looked at him. She stared not knowing that such an expression could show on Pan's face. His green eyes burned, but not with the anger she was expecting. His expression was dark. It twisted with desire of all the darkest parts of him. His smirk sent her heart thundering and crashing inside her chest.

"I thought you said that when you got the chance, you would end me. Where has all that hate for killing your love go?" Ursula slipped Wendy's glamour off. She let herself be seen. Watched his face take in her long, glossy black hair. Pan's eyes traced over her unusually red lips and pale white skin. His perfect green eyes locked with her sea eyes.

"I hate you. More than anything else in all my lifetimes. It makes me remember the time I ruled this island alone. Without Wendy. When I didn't have to care about if my actions were hurting someone else. When I didn't have to hold back any dark emotions. When no one told me how to use my magic." Such words should hurt her, but for some reason her blood sang. Pan took his hands and held her face. They were both at eye level to each other. Ursula realized that she was not like his small Wendy Bird. She was as powerful as him.

His eyes locked on her lips. Ursula looked at him, trying to fight for her composure.

"What are you saying?" Such a dumb and naïve question for the wicked villain she was supposed to be.

"If anything, losing Wendy was the best thing that's ever happened to me. I can be the villain again."

"You're just going to forget about her? Just like that?"

Pan paused, his smile faltered, "I will never forget how weak she made me feel. I'll never feel something that strong for the rest of my lifetime."

Ursula's chest expanded as she took in a gulp of air. Pan leaned closer towards her.

"You make me feel powerful."

"You can't expect me to believe that you suddenly want to be with me." Ursula growled her hands balled in fists against his collarbone.

Pan grabbed a fistful of her hair, "You're right, but I know you don't want love. You just want me, no strings. As do I. Villains don't get happy endings, so fuck it."

With Pan's kiss, with knowing his needs, within that moment Ursula realized:

She had wanted this all along. From the very start.

~~~~~~~~

Even Hook, who constantly relied on his quick reflexes to get out of bad situations, couldn't stop it in time. Wendy was totally possessed. The sweet brown eyes that were at first sweet and innocent when he met her had turned hard and determined with time. Hook knew that. But suddenly there was a look in her eyes that Hook never thought he would see. A look that could kill.

For a moment, as the pirate was beginning to piece together what was about to happen, everything turned slow.

"You left Pan?" Her tone was as cold as ice. Her glare, however, could send the whole island up in flames.

Hook watched in horror as her gaze locked on her bag of weapons that had been knocked off of her shoulders when Tink had ran into her. For a split second he saw her consider going for them. He took a step in the direction of the bag prepared to wrestle her for it, but it was too late. Wendy had already given up on the weapons.

"Yes, but Wendy-"

And then everything was almost too fast for Hook to register.

She leapt forward with a speed that gave the oblivious fairy no time to block or move away. Wendy must have known Hook would grab her before she could get more than one hit in because the one punch she did get was quite effective. She had aimed for Tinkerbell's nose with as much force as she could get in with a three second head start before Hook had grabbed her middle. Tink fell backward, her entire body limp. The fairy hadn't stood a chance.