Chapter 47 ~Monster*

Peter Pan had long accepted his villainous ways. He had always had a secret allure to the darkness inside himself and only the destruction of others' happiness seemed to make him giddy.

In his devastating moments, Pan had learned to not react. When people began getting cut out of his life, he taught himself to move on quickly.

Today was the day he was supposed to forget she ever existed.

He looked down at the girl lying in the glass casket. He studied her. Her skin was chalk white, her lips kissed with blue. Her hair lost of all its golden shine. Her face wasn't rosy and clear anymore. Thick, purple veins twisted themselves upon her left cheek, arms, and underneath her clothing to her heart. She looked as if tree roots had taken residence up underneath her skin.

And that was what Dreamshade did. It took apart the most alive beings in the world and poisoned them until there's nothing left but the empty shell of the person they once were.

The girl was dressed nicely, funeral clothing of course. She wore a forest green dress thats skirt was so long it folded upward along the lid of the coffin. The color was supposed to mean something to him. Her favorite color was pale blue, but his was green. The green fabric rapped around the hollowed person before him made him want to rip the color green from existence.

But that would be reacting, and Pan wasn't about to let his demons get the best of him.

He wasn't alone in the middle of the meadow.
There next to him were three people he never thought of as allies in a million years. Felix, his toughest Lost Boy. Someone he secretly hated. Someone he wanted to crush under his boot the second he made a slip up hiding the love of his life. Tinkerbell, who he wanted to hunt and kill. The spark in Felix's defiance he wanted destroyed, now someone who he had wanted to protect from Ursula. And Hook, the bloody pirate who helped carry out his reign to other realms. His sole enemy who had become attached just like him, but in a different more fatherly way, to the girl in the casket.

"I know you're somewhere here with us," The fairy started sniffling, "I know it."

"Tink..." Felix began.

"No....I have to say this, for her," she took a shaky breath and laid her palm on the glass lid right above the dead girl's face. "Wendy-"

Her name made Pan shudder slightly. He couldn't listen to Tinkerbell's sweet goodbyes. He couldn't let the pain he was feeling right then bring him physically to his knees.

He did what he always did and pushed the event so far from himself that the pain wouldn't register. If he didn't identify the dead girl in front of him, there would be no one to miss.

Pan thought about Evanna. He never seemed to think about her anymore. It was a bit unsettling, he supposed, if anyone ever found out he was starting to forget her face. His wife, the father of his only child, was starting to slip from his centuries old mind.

What if he forgot about the girl in front of him?

His heart leaped at the opportunity to forget. It was all he wanted just to go back to his old ways. But Rumple had made that impossible for him. He assumed that this funeral was one of the many dark and twisted methods Rumple was using to get him back for holding Baelfire captive for all these years. Tinkerbell on the other hand, was convinced what he did was a kind gesture.