Chapter 13 ~Felix*

Wendy made it a game. She would sit up as straight as the bamboo roof of her cage would allow and spy on those rotten Lost Boys. She noticed that they were not as loyal as she once thought they were.

They were always sneaking something, food mostly. One in particular had Wendy curious. She would always see what he would do before any of the other Lost Boys. In fact, this one seemed too smart to be a Lost Boy.

One night, Pan assigned him to guard her cage at the base of the tree. She smiled in satisfaction. Pan wasn't all that good at figuring out her motives. She leaned forward in her cage in attempt to get a better look at his face. She immediately recognized him as the boy that played the pipe she couldn't hear. He was at the bonfire she hardly remembered. It seemed like an eternity ago.

"Hey, up here," the boy cocked his head toward her. The moonlight hit his face just right so that she could see the long scar that cut itself across his face. Some of his pale colored hair got in the way of his eyes.

"You want me to let you out, right?" His dark voice caught her off guard. It was the voice of a man, not a boy. Perhaps a really old teenager. Why is he on the island if he's already grown up?

"Not exactly," Wendy smiled sweetly through the bars.

"Then what do you want, Wendy-bird ?" Wendy was surprised to hear her nickname from his lips. Had Pan been talking to the Lost Boys about her?

"Well a name would be nice."

"And why do you think you'll get one?" She could see his sneer from here. She squinted her eyes at his sarcastic tone. It almost mirrored Pan's.

"Pan has very few rules here, but when he sets one, I'm sure it is strictly enforced. Am I correct?"

Felix grew impatient. "What of it?"

"I would think that stealing from Pan would be a crime. So what was it I saw? You stealing that dagger from Pan's tent? I'm sure that I was mistaken. Actually, it wasn't that dark outside that night. I think it was you." He tensed in the darkness.

Wendy waited for the pang of guilt. She wanted to feel bad. But she didn't. All she cared about was getting herself out of the cage. She realized that in order to escape, she had to start thinking like Pan.

"What do you want?" He whispered while peering over his shoulder.

"Your name. And whoever the dagger is for. Their name too."

"Felix." Wendy looked him over again. He did look like a Felix. She knew he wasn't lying, but she knew he was about to.

"And the other?"

"The dagger was for me. Do you really think you are the only one that hates Pan?" He spoke calmly. It was confusing to Wendy. At first she thought she was mistaken. It was only until she realized he was too calm. Who was he protecting?

"You're lying."

"And you're annoying. I can see why Pan put you in that cage." Wendy glared. Her playful act was about to expire.

"I'll tell Pan." She sing-songed in a bell like voice. Something in his face changed.

"If you tell Pan, I will make it my life mission to make sure you never get out of that cage. Test me and you'll be sorry." His glare was icy cold.

"What ever you're planing against Pan, I want in." She whispered. She let the whole facade drop.

He cocked his head to the side as if considering her offer. "I don't know what you mean. Pan never fails after all, so if you wanted to make a move against him, by all means go right ahead."