Chapter 16 ~Tinkerbell*

Wendy awoke to an empty cave. Slowly gathering her thoughts, she sat up and looked down at herself. Her body was covered in furs and sweat. It was surprisingly hot outside; for once what you would expect from a jungle. She clawed herself from the furs and stretched her stiff form.

As much as she didn't want to, Wendy thought about Pan. Why did he let her get so close to him? She liked the way she could make his expression change. She imagined a day where she could make him fall to his knees. A day where she could make him cry the way he made her cry.

Wendy went deeper into the cave and closed her eyes. Again she felt the tingly sensation of the magic running in her veins. She imagined the clothes she wanted to wear and then they appeared. She smiled in delight when she saw her outfit. A pair of white jean shorts laid on the ground in front of her along with a blue tank top. She greedily slid the garments on, thankful to finally be out of Pan's clothes. She laced up her leather hunting-like boots and headed out if the cave.

She stepped out of the dark cave into the hot, warm sun. She took a good look at her surroundings. The cave was in between the tree line of the jungle and the beginning of the cliffs. Wendy looked uneasily at the top of the cliff. There, the black flag still glistened in the sunlight. Suddenly, Wendy became enraged. She thought about the one person who had nothing but hurt her. Pan. She didn't care how nice he had been the night before, he was still a killer.

She wanted to kill him. She wanted to become what she thought was evil Captain Hook. She wanted to destroy Pan. But she couldn't. He was too powerful. So instead of running up to him and attacking him like she wished to, she began climbing up the cliff. As her knees brushed up against the hard rocks, she remembered the terrifying wolf.

When Wendy reached the top, she let her gaze lock onto the black flag. She marched toward it and freed the flag from between two rocks. Gripping the wooden pole, she then threw the flag like a spear off of the cliff watching as it split in two by the sharp rocks.

She stood there looking at the water. It was so clear she could see the little schools of fish. She wondered how she even survived the fall. It must have been all the adrenaline that made her jump far enough to miss the rocks below.

Wendy slowly descended the rocky cliff. She thought she was clear of all the little jagged rocks until she slipped. She moaned in annoyance looking at her bleeding knee. Why was she always not careful? Wendy was about to get up, when she felt it. The same feeling of being watched when she was running from Lost Boys. The same feeling last night before she went back in the cave. Someone was here and they were right next to her.

She didn't want them to run away. She slowly got up to brush off the dirt from her knees. She slowly walked toward the trees. She waited for the little movement to give away their position. And then she locked eyes with them. Through the leaves of the jungle her eyes met with bright teal ones. They tensed and turned into a run.

Wendy took off after them. She thought she could outrun them, since she did outrun a whole pack of freaking Lost Boys. She flew past the jungle. She ran as fast as her legs could take her, but she soon lost sight of their form. She continued to run. She ran screaming.

"Hey!!! HEY!!!" Her lungs burned from the lack of oxygen in her lungs. She ran into something with a heartbeat.

Wendy screamed and looked up wildly.

"Wendy! It's just me....hey what's wrong?" Pan looked at her with wide eyes. Wendy got out of his embrace and made a full circle around Pan. No one lingered in the trees.

"There was someone here. Someone was watching me." Pan looked down at her in confusion and doubt.

"That's impossible, if someone was on the island, I would have sensed their presence here on the island." He smirked knowingly, but Wendy's face was grave with fear. He knew she couldn't have been mistaken.