Chapter 43 ~Friends No More*

Hook didn't know what to think as he looked down at both girls' unconscious forms. They were angled towards each other, hands touching. They both looked so peaceful. Looked as if nothing horrible had taken place just moments before.

But Hook knew that when one of them woke up, nothing would ever be the same between them. Not just for them. The bond that somehow formed between five unlikely allies against Ursula. One common enemy that brought them together, had also tore them apart. No, not torn. Shredded.

Pan, Wendy, Hook, Tinkerbell, and Felix would never be the same, but two bonds within the group were shattered.

Wendy and Tinkerbell were now strangers to each other....

~~~~~~~~

Tinkerbell didn't know how she was able to fall asleep each night. The freezing cold stone floor she and Pan laid against didn't exactly lull them to sleep. When she did sleep, her nights were cruel and dreamless. So when she was transported to her old treehouse in the jungle, she instantly looked for Wendy.

She was out on the house's balcony in a loose white dress with a billowing skirt. Her golden hair was in a braid that hung against her neck. Wendy took Tink's breath away.

"Hey," Tink approached her shyly in her ripped leather outfit she wore when she was captured. Wendy turned to face her, but the relieved smile Tink imagined she'd be wearing was a worried frown.

"Is he okay?" Wendy bit her lip nervously, "I mean, he believes it, right? Ursula believes it?" Now it was Tink's turn to frown. She forgot the reason she was mad at Wendy.

"He believes it, Ursula believes it, and no. No he is not in any way okay." Tink growled quietly in case she talked in her sleep.

"When this is all over I'll  tell you my reasons, but I need you to trust me. If....." Wendy's fear was evident in her voice.

"Wendy, I know you can stop her." Tink tried to sound convincing, but Wendy shook her head sharply, angrily.

"Don't misunderstand, I will defeat her. Even if I have to take her down with me. But there's something you don't know. That only Rumple knows and I have to ask you something selfish."

"Well what now?" Tink pictured telling Pan something else. Something more heartbreaking.

"When this is over, I'm leaving Neverland. I'm not staying. My death has to be real. Not just for the plan to rescue you." Wendy ran her fingers through her skirt to keep from looking at her.

Tink wanted to ask why. She wanted to scream at her. Wanted to know what the point of fighting for the island was if Wendy had no intention to be thought of alive. But Tink could feel herself stirring under the dream. She could hear herself whimpering.

"Tink?" Pan's voice shook the treehouse and for a moment, Wendy almost disappeared from her. It was shear willpower she was still staring at Wendy at all.

"I want you to come with me."

"Tink! Hey, it's just a dram! Stop shaking, wake up!" This time Pan's voice echoed loud enough for Wendy to hear. She flinched, but at the sound her face took up a whole new look of determination.

"You need to go. Think about what I asked, and carryout the plan."

Tink felt the dream slipping. Like she was beginning to fall away from the world. Tink would wake up with new information that would cause her to go crazy yet again.

She wanted Wendy to feel even a fraction of how she felt right then.

"I miss the old Wendy....my friend."