Chapter 38 ~Alliance*

Tink took Wendy in. Her heart hurt to think about how long they had been separated. Her long gold curls whipped over her shoulder as they ran through the jungle. Her chocolate brown eyes were wide with excitement.

Tink had to admit, Wendy was faster than her today.

"Do we need to rest?" She mocked sarcastically at her rolling her eyes. She laughed as Tink glared back.

"May I remind you that I'm coming off of an injury." Tink stated referring to her near death experience.

"And while you were away, Pan was training me. Am I actually faster than you, Tink?" Wendy asked raising her eyebrows. They had emerged out of the jungle canopy and the terrain had changed. They were sprinting on jagged rocks by the cliffs. Tink stumbled a little but otherwise ran behind Wendy who easily maneuvered around the sharp rocks with bare feet.

"Not a chance." Tink said through gritted teeth  as she stepped on an unseen rock.

"Then catch me if you can!" Wendy put on another burst of speed that Tink didn't think was humanly possible.

Tink pushed herself faster, but she quickly realized Wendy was gone. After ten minutes of a moderate sprint, Tink slowed to a jog wheezing slightly.

"Wendy, come on! You win already!" She laughed staying alert incase of Wendy  tricking her.

But then the worry set in. Flashes of Tink's attack flew into her into her mind. Where's Wendy?

She's fine, right?

She had to be.

A bloodcurdling scream echoed through Tink's bones. She swore she thought the ground rumbled underneath her feet.

It felt like her world was shattering around her.

"WENDY!" Tink screamed so loudly birds retreated into the sky.

"WENDY!"

"Tink." It was such a frail whisper Tink didn't know how she heard it through her hyperventilating.

But she did.

She followed where the whisper came from and found herself in the middle of a once beautiful clearing. Orange dead grass crunched under her boots as Tink ran to her.

Wendy was in a chair. Her hair was dripping wet and her skin was chalky pale. As she got closer Tink realized she was chained. Tink went to remove them and yelped in pain as the chains burned to the touch.

"Wendy! Wake up, Wendy! Please!" Tink shook her shoulders roughly but her head slumped forward.

Tears were dripping down Tink's face before she realized she was sobbing. She sounded like a wounded animal.

As fast a lightning Wendy's head snapped up and Tink felt her fingers grip her throat.

Tink wad looking into Wendy's eyes but they were not brown anymore. They were bloodred.

"You didn't save me..."

Tink struggled to breathe and Wendy's grip tightened. Tears leaked out of the corners of Wendy's eyes, but her tears were blood.

"YOU LET ME DIE." She screamed in agony.

Tink woke up in a cold sweat. She hastily swiped away the tears on her cheeks.

It had been three days. Three excruciating days since her and Felix had figured it out. There was a creature that looked like, talked like, and acted like Wendy Darling.