Chapter 11

Let them be the bad guy. Sutton stared at James like he was a fucking moron as he hung Severus up in the air by his ankle, using one of Snapes own jinxes against him. "You're an absolute idiot, Potter. Now let the snake down before he bites you."

He chuckled at her, brushing off her comments and pissing off the odd girl. Her face seemed blank and lost. Like she wasn't even there anymore. It was infuriating. She flicked her wand quickly, shooting a few stinging jinxes his way. She wasn't aiming to blow him up like a balloon. Just enough to distract him. But god forbid his tunnel vision broadened ever so slightly. Even as a furious redhead came flying toward them. She looked like steam was coming out her ears, her eyes narrowed and her lips pulled into a deep frowned. Lily Evans had entered the battle, and she looked ready to kill.

Sutton knew her luck and shot a few stinging jinxes at the other boys, "C'mon guys! Just let him down, enough is enough. This isn't funny!"

Sutton was okay with pranks, but this was just straight out bullying. "Potter! Put Severus down now!" Lily had screamed at him, his laughter dying down slightly.

"It's all in a bit of fun Evans!"

Sutton had enough she turned and walked away from the scene in front of her, grumbling about the lots being a group of bullies, that she should've never befriended them. She could hear laughter and snide comments coming from the group surrounding the marauders and their victim. Plus Lily. The one thing that got Sutton to stop was the words that Snape spoke, "I don't need help from a filthy mud blood and her bastard friend!"

Sutton wiped around, seeing red as Lily coolly answered him. Her wand drawn and a hex on her tongue, Snapes nose cracked. Blood dripping down his face people began to turn and look at her. "I thought it might help with your appearance. Guess I was wrong." Her eyes shifted to the group of four, "About a lot of things. Fucking bullies everywhere."

Sutton then walked away, her chin tilted slightly up and shoulders square. Tears burned at her eyes, but as she disappeared into the crowded hallway she began to melt away any recognizable features and start to cry.