Chapter 17

Whispers were everywhere. And they followed Regulus as he quietly made his way down the hall. His mind still racing at the mess that was his potion class. His pristine uniform was stained with her blood. His hands were shaking slightly. Madam Pomfrey's horror struck face embedded into his mind. Bile kept rising in his throat, her screams echoing in his ears.

"What happened! Mr.Black what happened?" Madam Pomfrey asked as she helped him lay Sutton on her bed.

"We were brewing weedosoros in potions. And... and someone's potion went wrong. There was an argument and the girl flung her potion, it hit Mallory. She seemed fine at first and then out of nowhere." Regulus trailed off.

His voice was shaking and panicky. Pomfrey knew she wouldn't get much more out of him. She began accio potions and vials towards her. Practically shoving the traumatized boy out of the way as she began working on Sutton's arms.

"Get out of here, Mr.Black, she's in good hands here."

It was like the healer could sense the claustrophobic feeling creeping in his skin as he watched the older woman work so diligently. The smell of the acidic potion had burned at his nose and almost hid the smell of searing flesh but he still could smell that too. "Black!" Someone was yelling at him, but he couldn't hear them. Trapped in his own mind with Sutton's screams bouncing in there. He couldn't help but feel like it was his own fault for taking away Selene's wand. Hell he didn't even remember where he flung it. "God damn it you pretentious bastard, slow down! Black!"

Finally a smallish hand grabbed his arm, halting his movements. There she was, the bitch who caused all these issues for him. Selene stood there, her face twisted with anger and maybe a hint of regret. "What the bloody hell was that back there!" She screamed at him.

Fury raged in his mind, his lips pressed into a thin line and eyes hard. "You of all people are asking me that?" He laughed mockingly, "honestly it's all your fault any of this is happening."

Her pale face turned bright red, her nostrils flared and her lips pulled back in a snarl. "You took my wand!"

"You could've killed her."

"A little hex wouldn't harm your precious bastard. You're being dramatic! But me, you humiliated me. Do you know what my family will do if they hear about this." Selene raged on.

That just irked the curly haired boy even more, "No you dunce, your potion that you fucked up. You threw it onto her. She's seizing in the hospital wing as we speak. It ate at her arms."

Selene stopped. She didn't know how angry he was but he seemed calm and that was never a good sign with him. Then again he had always appeared calm. The only thing showing his anger was the rage burning in his eyes and the slight flush of his skin. "I was angry." Selene muttered, "and betrayed."

"And if you hadn't stuck your nose into my business to begin with this would've never happened." Regulus stated.

"What are you talking about? Me accidentally hurting her or you actually enjoying being around her." Selene wanted to scream but she couldn't find it in her.

Regulus looked away, sighing slightly before turning his back to Selene. "Both."

He didn't say another word. He just walked away. Allowing the girl to be left alone in the empty corridor. "Did you hear?" "That a Black is dating a halfblood!" "Black was apparently willing to kill another slytherin." "For a Ravenclaw at that." "Shes in a coma, lost too much blood." "I heard she's dead." "Did you see all the blood on his uniform. Patel said that he tortured the slytherin who hurt his girlfriend once she got to the hospital wing." He tried to block out the whispers. But they were nearly overwhelming.

His stomach was still a mess, bubbling up and burning at him. His nerves were shot. It was as if he was on autopilot as he made his way up the astronomy tower. The cool breeze nipping at his face as he leaned against the rail. The cool air and view always helped settle him when he couldn't sleep. He was silently praying that it would apply to this situation as well.

Selene made her way back to the slytherin dormitories. Her hand grabbing a quill and blank piece of parchment.

Dear Mrs. Black,