Chapter 21

Things had been a little lackluster for the pair since the party. The potion or even drug induced kiss still burnt into their minds but neither had the courage to even speak to the other about the kiss. Something Delvin found entirely too entertaining. Whenever the two would catch eyes and blush before looking away, Delvin would explode in a fit of giggles that not even their favorite potion could cause.

Sutton smacked Delvin's shoulder as he chuckled. "Honestly, I went through all of that just for you two to avoid each other as though you have dragonpox. It's bloody annoying and yet thoroughly entertaining." He mocked.

Sutton rolled her eyes, "For Merlin's sake, Delvin what will it take fo' ya to stop mockin' me?"

"Balls up! You literally called his friend a cousin fucker and yet ya can't even talk to him about how ya swapped spit for the last few hours of the party." he chirped. "You want him, he wants you, speak for a bit. See where it goes."

She knew for the most part he was right. Delvin was normally pretty spot on about being condescending while being right. "How do ya suggest doin' that then, Del? He's always around his friends and even when he's not, they're trailing behind him like lost puppies."

"Throw another party." Delvin rolled his eyes.

Slamming his shoulder into a random gryffindor who was walking in the opposite direction. Rolling his grey eyes, he pushed forward. His arm locking around Sutton's shoulder. He wasn't the biggest or strongest, but he could definitely toss people around and act like a barricade when he wished. Delvin was smart. It's why he was placed in Ravenclaw. Same with Sutton. But the two weren't what normally was thought of when people thought of Ravenclaw. Most thought of them as stuck up, know it all's, or absolutely loons. People liked to pretend that there's very little beneath the surface. But there was always more to others than what generally had them casted into their house. The layers that people were and weren't willing to pull away was there.

Sutton changed her hair to a vibrant bubblegum pink and her eyes to a bright emerald green. Making some of those in the hallway stare. "And have to talk to the other Ravenclaws about hosting a party in probably the most exclusive tower? You really think  people are actually going to be able to figure out the answer to the riddle. Shit for the first half of our second year, we constantly got locked out." Sutton snarked.

"Or you could convince him to throw one." Delvin snapped. "Better yet, talk to Diggory, he's constantly looking for an excuse to party. Tell him there's a guy you want to shag. Fuck, he'd throw a party just cause you've always been a bit of a-"

"I get it." Sutton blushed.

Delvin chuckled at her as they entered the charms room. Another class that Regulus happened to be in. His eyes immediately locked onto the oddly vibrant girl. Normally she wasn't as bold as she seemed to be today, seeing as she sat down next to her best friend, directly across the room from him, smiling just the smallest bit. When she sat down, he watched her pull out some parchment, quickly writing something and then enchanting the page. It turned into a small bird and flew around the class, multiples shooting off from it. Making most people look up and watch as the dozens of paper birds flew about. But the paper she's written on landed on his desk. Unfolding it, his brows furrowed. We need to talk.