Chapter 16

What the fuck did he just do? Sutton's mind was racing as she watched Selene's wand fly into Regulus's empty hand. His eyes sharp and jaw clenched. To be frank, he had no clue why he did it. But he did. And he immediately regretted it. All eyes had fallen on him. Selene's face showed betrayal, and hurt. As if she couldn't believe her friend did that to her. He humiliated her. Almost as much as that damned pureblood bastard in front of her. Selene shook were she stood slightly as she stared at him with eyes full of unshed, angry tears. Her heart racing in her chest. But only for a moment did she stand still. She spun on her heel and slammed her hand into her cauldron as she stormed passed.

Her potion wasn't properly made to begin with and had already exploded in a sense but the remnants of what a disaster her and the muggleborn Ravenclaw, Clarity Yui, a sweet yet anxious girl with caramel skin and almond shaped eyes, had made. Her bottom lip was trembling slightly as she watched her potions remains fly out towards Sutton who didn't even flinch as the hot liquid hit her skin. Regulus's eyes widened watching as the failure weedosoros potion hit Sutton. Weedosoros was very poisonous and shouldn't come in contact with someone's skin or mouth and yet, his potions partner paid no mind to it as it burned at her flesh. She'd walked over to the trembling girl, her face soft and filled with empathy for the girl. "Are you alright? Don't mind Selene, she's a twat on the best of days."

Regulus snorted at Sutton's words. She wasn't wrong. He knew more things about Selene than anyone. And he knew she was barely a redeemable person and barely hesitated to use her wand to solve the issues that she normally created. It was like Clarity couldn't speak as she watched Sutton. No words were hitting her ears. The only thing Clarity was hearing was the sound of her own blood pulsing through her. She felt like passing out. After trying for a few more seconds, and no response Sutton started to feel it. Her skin was itching and it felt like it was on fire. Her eyes started to well up with tears as she looked down to her arms. Her flesh was bubbling up and turning red. Some of the bubbles would burst then simmer, pulling away a layer of flesh as blood started seeping through. "We need to get her to the hospital wing!" Someone called out.

Sutton didn't know who it was, nor did she really care. But she could only focus for so much longer. She had started shaking. Her eyes rolled back into her head and she could feel the air flowing as she fell. Her world was spinning and she could hear vague mumbles, and possibly someone screaming. Was she the one screaming? Regulus flew forward out of instinct, but completely out of character, as she fell. His hands catching her head, cradling it into his lap. He managed to protect her head at least.

His face was horror struck as he watched her shake and scream. "Someone do something!" Clarity had screamed this time.

Her potion had done this. Her eyes rolled back and she too, had collapsed. Except nobody caught her. All their eyes locked on the pureblood prejudice and the half-blood who was possibly a pureblood. It seemed like minutes happened before the severity had kicked into Slughorn, he began shouting for people to get Sutton and Clarity, or as he said "Mallory and Young" to the hospital wing. Regulus scrambled to his feet, yanking Sutton properly into his arms, rushing her to the hospital wing bridal style.

Several students who either had free period or were just wandering the halls stared, their jaws gaping as they seen the terror filled boy running with a girl bleeding and convulsing in his arms. It made them even more confused when they saw a rather annoyed looking Slytherin holding another Ravenclaw in his arms, disgust written all over his body as he held her as far from her as he could. Clearly if he was in the right mind he would've levitated the girl just so he didn't have to touch her.

By the end of the day almost everyone had heard how the young, stoic Black sibling had been rushing someone to hospital wing. Everyone knows how rumors work, and she was good at rumors.