Chapter 19

After the incident, rumors never seemed to die down for the unfortunate pair. And now with people watching Sutton closely new rumors were forming about the girl who was either overly happy or depressed with little to no in between. On the day that her world was tinted with gold she had no problem ignoring the rumors. The overly happy version of herself seemed like it enjoyed it, and enjoyed the dramatics that came with it. Sometimes at the expense of others. She'd casually run up to her best friend and fling herself at him, laughing about how he had to save her from the horrible lies people were saying about her and the beautiful Black boy. Her exact words.

And then within a few days the happy version of herself would be gone. And for a week or two the darkness would linger. She'd hex people and snap at them. Denying the very thought of being with Regulus even though her cheeks would burn brightly with a rouge hue. She'd dig and claw at her skin. She would avoid people. The only ones who seemed to push past the irritable girl was Regulus, the very guy she'd been denying having any connection with, and Delvin. Sometimes Clarity if she could manage to deal with snide comments and dark words.

Regulus ignored everyone. Casually conversing with those around him, including Sutton. He enjoyed her sharp tongue and dark humor. Even when he was questioning the woman's sanity he enjoyed being around her. He always seemed to find himself watching her, his mind rattling at the drastic changes in character she displayed randomly.

He noticed more often than not, she always seemed to be around. Her golden eyes always catching him. But he felt like they'd barely even spoken a few words. Sure it had been almost a month since the incident. The dramatic one where Sutton managed to stick her foot rather far into a purebloods extremely tight ass. But they had far and few lengthy conversations. Usually just Sutton making snide snippets about the rumors floating about.

Deep down he knew it wasn't love, it was an infatuation. It honestly terrified him. But did he actually know real love? His parents married based on blood type. He knew Sutton had no care for blood types and was in extreme denial about her own true type. Part of him wanted to fix that. Another wanted to be the same as her and not care about anything. "Oi, Black! Black, I'm talking to you!" she had yelled, the very same girl who managed to occupy every thought he had.

He sighed as he stopped, forcing his face to look as void as humanly possible. Appearances mattered, he still hasn't received a letter from his mother. "Can I help you?" Regulus asked, his voice in a dead monotone, one Sutton vaguely could recall when they first had started speaking.

In her golden haze, she laughed at him, "There's a party being held by the hufflepuffs after the quidditch match, hey, hey don't make that face! They're not that bad. Their party's are always brilliant! You should stop by, I promise it's a good time." She had beamed at him.

Her honey eyes glowing vibrantly. The pools of amber so rich and enchanting, almost possessing him. She watched him, almost seeing the gears turning in his head. "C'mon! Don't you ever let loose, remove that stick from your ass for once." she teased in a somewhat whiny tone.

A small smirk settled on his face, "Sounds like you're trying to beg me, yet you're doing an appalling job at it."

Rolling her eyes, a faint tinge of pink speckled through the honey, and the smallest of blushes raised onto her sunkissed cheeks. "I don't beg, Black."

He hummed in response, slightly tilting his head. "Is that so?"

Boldly, he took a few steps closer and leaned the slightest bit down to whisper into her ear, "would you like to make a bet?"

Her face erupted into a shade of red, her eyes widening as he chuckled and turned on his heel walking steadily toward his next class, "so are you coming or what!" Sutton called out. He just waved her off, as if telling her 'we'll see' without saying the words to her.

A loud laugh busted out from behind her, an arm draping around Sutton's tense shoulders. "Pretty sure you're gonna end up with his d-"

"Finish that sentence, Delvin and I'll gut you."

"Ooh are you threatening me with a good time?" Delvin snickered.

Sutton couldn't hold back her laughter at her obnoxious friend. She shoved his shoulder lightly, "do we have enough for the night plus a few others?"

Delvin stopped for a second, trying to remember how much of the elixir they had left. "Hmm, we should have enough for the next two months. Why are you asking?"

"I want to see if he can actually relax a little." She sighed, "he can be quiet at times, yes. But he's fairly pleasant to have a conversation with."

"Or is he just pleasant to look at and all that euphoria makes a dull conversation become entertaining." Delvin grinned, knowing that he was successfully irritating her and somewhat sobering her up. He was worried, he knew that the amount they were consuming was playing with fire. But he knew she took nearly three times the amount of Euphoria that he did.  And he was worried. Even with the amount of time he spent high, he knew she flew higher and crashed harder than he ever had. And all these rumors were only making it worse.

"Just because he's pretty, doesn't make him dull to talk to." Sutton defended.

Delvin raised his hands in a pantomime of mercy, "I meant no offense. I was just making sure, I don't want you hurt."

Sutton's eyes soften, her lips lifting into a small grin. "Thank you, Delvin."

"Just promise me something?" He smiled.

"Anything." Sutton said.

"Anything?" Delvin questioned.

"Anything."

"When he removes his stick from his ass, don't let him put it in yours."

The golden haze was gone and her vision was just pure red. With embarrassment or anger, neither were certain, but Delvin couldn't have cared less. He burst into a fit of giggles. The sight of the wide-eyed golden girl who's mouth was either in a wide grin or a frown, but this time her jaw was dropped. The wheels were turning but the hamster was long dead, she couldn't formulate a thought let  alone a sentence. Delvin grinned even wider than thought to be possible as he patted her shoulder, calling a mere "see you in class." As he walked away.

Turns out all the men in her life liked to be dramatic when they walked away from her. But it was official, Delvin knew the right way to kill her buzz.

A/N- I haven't updated in awhile do to no motivation. Hopefully this chapter isn't awful. Sorry for the wait