Chapter 4

Regulus stares blankly at Selene. She pulled her lip between her teeth, gnawing on her lower lip slightly as he pushed him 2 pieces of paper. "Told you." Selene had whispered the words, almost as if a bitter taste had taken over her tongue the moment she'd pressed the papers to him, "she's a Nott."

Regulus's eyes glided over the paper. "She doesn't look like a Nott. The characteristics are completely different. The Nott family is known for their fairly mousy appearance and crooked buck teeth. There's no way she's a Nott. This must be wrong."

A smirk slithered onto Selene's face, "She has no characteristics! She's a metamorphugus. Damn it, Black, she shifts her features constantly. So of course she can hide those more," Selene paused slightly her brain working to find a less insulting word, "undesirable features and replace them with whatever she wishes."

Selene rolled her eyes. Her friend could be rather dense at times, oblivious and obsessive. It's a pattern that ran in the Black family. The hushed whispers of the new Dark Lord being prominent amongst the obsession. Mainly from Bellatrix and her unrequited love. She was oblivious to the obvious errors in the dark lords ways. Selene knew better than to voice such. Regulus was reading the papers he was handed over and over again. Trying to comprehend how such a lie alluded Sutton for years. But lunch was coming to an end and his time in potions was quickly approaching. She wouldn't be in that class with him. He wouldn't be able to find the honey eyed girl.

Sutton could feel eyes burning into her, and craning around to look she locked eyes with a rather pretty, at least in her opinion, Slytherin. Selene's eyes burned through her with such curiosity and determination. She had stood from her place in front of Regulus and made her way towards the Ravenclaw table. She came to the table and pressed an envelope down in front of Sutton, briefly whispering "I'm sorry."

Selene practically fled from the Great Hall. Her heart pounding in her ears and bile building in the back of her throat. Slytherins were placed in their house for being ambitious and sly and cunning. They weren't put there to be cruel. But Selene felt absolutely vile after handing off that envelope. She could've just done the anonymous thing and used a school owl to deliver it to the girl. But she chose to show her face. Her stomach lurched even more at the thought. I've ruined her.

Sutton stared blankly at the crisp white envelope with slanted, neat writing. Not even a smudge on any of the lettering. Clearly, the girl who had written Sutton Nott, had been either writing with quills her entire life and had been forced to practice for hours on end or she managed to learn the secret to keep the ink from smudging while using a god awful quill. The word Nott blew her insides to pieces and made her want to hide away. She grabbed the letter and her eyes trailed over the words over and over again. Her mind winding and whirling, the little voice in her head was screaming, it was getting too loud. Her eyes and hair turned a fiery red. Shoving the letter in her bag, she shot out of the great hall, a war in her mind.

She hadn't even opened the envelope.