Chapter 10

She couldn't help but feel like she was being watched. Ever since she'd helped Marauders they'd come to her and asked for a favor here and there. Some would say she was even friends with them. Although the only one she'd claim to be friends with was Sirius. As she could have rather punny conversations with him that'd drive his friends insane. Plus he had no quarrels with pranking the Slytherins whenever she'd ask.

But she was no longer watching Regulus in class. And it was fairly shocking to his friends that the girl who's gaze always seemed to linger on him suddenly stopped. Her hand always writing away at her notes, but her eyes were blank as if into a far away place. She was thinking about something.

"So it's true?" Sirius questioned.

"According to that old book, yeah. It updates every time a pure blood is born." Sutton muttered.

She looked like the muggles her mother begged her not to be like. Long, icy blond hair and messy makeup. An over large chest that seemed to be on display. She looked nothing like herself. And she was doing it on purpose. She twirled a curl of the boys hair in between her fingers getting closer to him. They were on a "date" by all but legitimate means. It was really because one of Sirius's over-obsessive stalkers wouldn't take no unless he had a better reason they couldn't go on a date. Which is where Sutton's uncanny ability to blend into a crowd came in to play. She had to admit Sirius knew how to treat a girl. He had taken her to Honeydukes and boughten her some sweets before leading her to Madam Puddifoots. Both hated the place when they seen how frilly and just overwhelming the building seemed to be. It was all for show though. He'd even held her hand respectfully and always held the door. "What are you going to do about it?" He quipped, "you're not one to just let this happen."

"Usually I do just let things happen. But mother wanted me to step out of the shadows more. What a better way than to cause a scene this holiday." Sutton giggled, acting as if she was entranced by what he was saying.

"Will you need any assistance? Because the boys and I are always willing to help with a prank."

"I might take you up on that."

"Mallory! Ten points from Ravenclaw for not paying attention!" Her ancient runes teacher snapped.

Her cheeks flushed and she shrunk down in her seat. "Sorry professor. Won't happen again." Sutton apologized briefly.

Her teacher hummed before turning and writing another rune on the board and the proper reasons for the runes existence. Still feeling eyes on her, Sutton let her golden ones scan the room. Her face turning  even warmer when they locked with the icy blue ones that seemed to haunt her lately. His screamed that something was off. That he knew something. Hers were guarded and even somewhat hostile. She was more than confused by why he'd suddenly started paying attention to her. What made the slytherins so interested in her this year.

Sadly, while Sutton was sneaking around with the gryffindors, Regulus was learning from one of the darker students in slytherin. He'd spent countless nights with Severus Snape learning the art of legilimency and occlumency. His jaw clenching as he stared deeply into the girls eyes. Her discussions with Sirius. "You're staring at the halfbreed. It's kinda creepy." Evan whispered to him.

"She's not a halfbreed. And we're going to get her to admit it." Regulus hissed back.

The class seemed to drag by. The words not fully processing in eithers head. But at least Sutton was managing to write down the notes for her to study later. Whereas Regulus's sole focus was on the golden eye girl.

The moment class was dismissed she tried to run from the room. Grabbing her belongings and sprinting away. But she wasn't the only one who was running from the class. Four slytherins were close behind the constantly shifting girl. She'd take glances back and seen them still chasing her so she'd change appearances. It didn't matter though, none of them were stopping. And soon enough she had no where to go. Cornered in moaning myrtles bathroom.