Chapter 35

So it has begun. The most convoluted plan was set into motion. Sure it had started with the rehearsing of phrases and forced confidence and lessons in occulmency. But that was just between the two of them, a hidden little thought that hadn't yet blown into fruition. Delvin had been easy to explain the plan to, and with a deep sigh he stared at the duo inside of the ROR.

"You're fucking morons." Delvin had figured it'd been best to start off with his opinion by using an insult, "but Sutton if you're certain that Regulus makes you happy, then you leave me with no choice. I'll help with your idea as far fetched and no matter how possibly death inducing it is. Just promise me, if you feel like someone is going to squeal to send them my way. I've always been your secret keeper."

And with his monologue finished, Sutton had graciously thrown herself at him, latching her arms around his torso and pulling him tightly to her. Happy tears burned at her eyes. A melancholy smile on his face as he had looked down at her, "Black, if you make her shed a single tear it'll cost you."

"I don't want to hurt her nor do I want to lose her."Regulus had replied somewhat defensively at Delvin's tone. "Now out of curiosity what would it cost me?"

Delvin chuckled, "I haven't thought of that yet. I'll be sure to let Sutton know when I've figured it out. Delvin was definitely the easy one.

Regulus slammed Avery against the wall in the ROR, his wand pressed into the soft, thin skin of Avery's throat. His jaw clenched and eyes hard, blood dripping from his nose, and hair unruly. No longer did he look like the calm and collected pureblood prince he'd always walked around as. Instead a feral wizard stood in his place, his fingers curled around his wand so tight his knuckles turned pure alabaster white. "If you so much as utter a word, that she isn't a maniac I'll fucking end your miserable existence long before any rational person does. Are we clear?" His voice was sharp and filled with venom.

Avery was shaking as his nose also spilt blood, his right eye swollen shut and two of his fingers bent in the wrong direction. His shoulders trembled slightly. His knuckles were bruised and wrist tightly bound due to Regulus's quick thinking. His eyes fluttered over to Sutton, who seemed to be dazed. She had looked ill all day and even in the ROR with Regulus's wand dug into his throat he couldn't help but wonder what Regulus think she was so special.

"Hey!" Regulus slammed Avery's head against the wall, "I said are we clear!"

Avery allowed his gaze to go back to regulus taking a minute to focus, baring his bloody teeth as if he were an animal, "Perfectly, bloodtraitor."

Regulus didn't hesitate shooting hex after hex at him. Fear coursed through Sutton for a brief moment before she found her composure again. Even through the withdrawals, she forced herself up and over to the boys. Placing her hand on Regulus's shoulder, she caused him to cease. "We can't kill him just cause he doesn't agree with us. Or us being together." Sutton spoke calmly, brandishing her own wand.

Sorrow plunged through her heart, there was no going back. "Imperio." Her word came out in a breathy whisper, as she watch his eyes flicker into unawareness.

And a few minutes later, he seemed to come to. Only for her to mutter another word, "obliviate."

He wouldn't remember why he was in such a condition, only that him and Regulus exchanged blows when the couple had announced to him that they were together. But the memory of her making sure he'd never be able ro rat them out was gone. A secret kept safe for herself and Regulus alone.

She made quick work of cleaning the two up with potions and little spells she'd learned from when she actually chose to read. And the pair had sent Avery away, telling him they wished for some privacy. One perverted joke later, the pair was alone. Tears threatened to spill from her almost immediately, and as if sensing it, Regulus had yanked Sutton into his chest. Resting his head on hers, he rubbed her back. "That went horrendously."

His brief, blunt statement made Sutton chuckle, but also let out a sob. "It was fucking awful." Her shoulders shook.

"I'm sorry, love." Regulus sighed as tears filled his own eyes, "I didn't think it'd happen like that."

"Why can't purebloods just be normal?" She cried, clenching Regulus tightly.

"As you so eloquently said, they're cousin fuckers."

She wanted to laugh, truly she did. But the guilt that stabbed at her heart boiled over. She just sobbed into his chest. Feeling weak and disgusting she just wanted to cry into his arms and then take a long bath.

The room around them had changed, the smell of lavender began to fill the air and a large, white bathtub appeared. With brass fittings and marble stairs leading into it. On the edge of the stairs were several different oils and salts and bubble solutions. There were a few fluffy towels.

Regulus's cheeks tinted pink. A million thoughts running through his head as he pulled away from her. "Uh, love, how come a bathtub just appeared?" He spoke awkwardly. His skin getting brighter pink with each word.

Her cheeks grew rosy as her hair and eyes turned bubblegum pink. Far too emotional to keep her hair under control. "Oh!" She exclaimed, "I may have been thinking about how nice a bath would be."

He chuckled and went to leave, even with her embarrassment, tears were still trekking down her face. Her hand grasped his wrist. It was awkward but she didn't want him to leave. Not so soon after having used that curse. So he stopped trying to leave, he could feel she just wanted comfort. As intimate and intimidating as it was, he allowed her to lead him over to the tub. A soft "stay" leaving her lips.

He couldn't bring himself to leave her. With her tear stained cheeks, and sniffling nose. With her messy hair and shaking hands. He couldn't leave her alone in that state. So he stayed, he watched quietly as she filled the tub with water and lavender scented oil and honey scented bubble bath soap. He watched as she stripped down to her bra and underwear, his face turning bright pink as she did so. He turned away until she was in the water.

He sat at the edge on the stair next to her, grabbing her hand. "You're not coming in?" She'd asked.

Her words were cautious, both being young and not ready to be sexual with one another. But she was craving his gentle touch and to be in his arms. Sex wasn't the only way to feel intimate with someone. And he'd seemingly understood, so he allowed himself to undress. Smiling softly as she also looked away when he removed his boxers. Sinking down behind her, he felt his sore muscles start to relax. She'd moved slowly, waiting for him to give the okay (which he did) for her to lean back against him.

It was a new situation and he was slightly uncomfortable. He didn't know where to touch, if he should move, if she were uncomfortable as much as he was. And it wasn't that it was uncomfortable, but it was more so awkward and there was really only those two words that could possibly describe how he was feeling. Taking a deep breath and inhaling the smell of the lavender and honey, he allowed himself to relax and follow his instincts. Wrapping his arms around her and holding her close. She closed her eyes and leaned against him, tilting her head up and ghosting her lips against his jawline. "This isn't going to get easier, is it?"

He tightened his grip as he replied, "I think we are well passed the easy part, love."

She sighed, and nodded. "I figured. Though I was hoping you'd lie and say it'd be easier with the twins."

"Oh!" He smirked, "it could go easier with them. You know if you suddenly had a time turner and could go back to the moment you thoroughly impressed me and call Selene a cousin fucker."

"I impressed you?" She stated, shocked.

"Out of everything I said, that's the part you're concerned with."

"I get it, we're fucked." Sutton said casually, as if she weren't the one panicking only a few moments ago, "but you said I impressed you, here I was thinking you never noticed me."

"Hard not to notice those golden eyes." Regulus grinned, a smile floating on both their faces. "Especially when you're calling my acquaintance a cousin fucker."

"You're never going to let that go, are you." she sighed, sinking further against him.

"Never."