Chapter 18

Sutton was already itching from lacking her favorite potion but now, her arms were bound tightly in thick white bandages covering her gnarly wounds. Clarity had been sobbing when Sutton woke up. And she wasn't exactly a sweetheart when she woke up to begin with, but having the sounds of choked back tears and sniffling awakening her from her dreamless slumber. She had barely remembered what had landed her in the sterile environment of the hospital wing. Though the main thing that stood out in her mind was calling someone a cousin fucker. Never thought I'd do that one, but hey I have a new favorite insult, Sutton had immediately thought upon recalling that event.

Her eyes had snapped over to Clarity, watching her cry. "Oi! Enough of that! I'm alive, your alive, and that bitch got put in her place."

Clarity looked over tears still burning at her eyes, which widened in shock seeing Sutton awake. Her eyes were blazing gold, moving like a molten metal. Clarity blushed slightly, looking at her palms, "I'm sorry Sutton, I never meant for anyone to get hurt."

"What the fuck are you crying for though, you didn't hurt me. That prejudice bitch did." Sutton rolled her eyes, "now stop fucking crying. My head hurts."

Clarity took a few minutes to stop crying, but eventually her sobs turned to sniffles. Her eye were puffy and her head hurt. "Thank you though." Clarity whispered.

Sutton furrowed her brows, shaking her head slightly. "No worries, Rosier is a cunt."

And she had no idea how true her statement was proving to be. While everyone was in the great hall having dinner, a red envelope had flown down in front of Regulus. His eyes had turned into slits as he looked towards Selene, whom merely turned her head. Ignoring the burning stare of her pissed off friend. If she could even call him that. That bastard was changing him. Regulus sighed, his shoulders dropping in defeat. He'd never been on the receiving end of one of his parents howlers before, but from the verbal lashing Sirius had received on numerous occasions, he knew it wouldn't be pleasant. It would be embarrassing and infuriating all the same.

A small fire of rage lit up inside him as he glanced at the bright red envelope. Tucking it under his plate so it couldn't burst open on its own. He'd listen to it scream after he ate, no point losing his appetite. He knew Selene all too well and known she'd probably exaggerated the extent of the situation to his mother. And one of the biggest rules in Slytherin was to protect one another. He'd broken it somewhat by not standing by her. Although most didnt dare challenge him because of his last name. Nobody wanted to mess with him. They'd seen his few and far between hexes he'd cast at those who wronged him. They weren't pretty and usually got the point across that the Black family wasn't to be messed with. Plus with someone as crazy as Bellatrix in their family no one really had the balls to see how ballistic he could go.

He ate quickly, not saying anything as he grabbed the letter and left the great hall. Making his way to the astronomy tower which he was sure was empty before opening the letter. "Regulus Arcturus Black you dared to raise your hand to a woman! A prestigious one at that for some mudblood and a halfbreed! Have you gone completely mad embarrassing our family in such a way! It's bad enough to have your brother flaunting about and disgracing our family's noble name but you! How dare you destroy everything we've worked to build within the sacred twenty eight. Are you willing to throw away everything for a common whore! You better get your act together and fix your values if you wish to remain in our household. Step one more toe out of line and you'll regret it! Keep this up and you'll be no better than that mudblood you protected!" The letter screamed in his mother's awful voice.

Now the letter could've been way worse but her words twisted at Regulus. He'd always gone out of his way to please his parents, never wanting to be treated the way Sirius was. Having watch them cast the cruciatus curse on him was more than enough of a reason to avoid being anything like his brother. But Sutton was a pureblood and he wasn't doing anything wrong by defending her. And finally, after all these years of looking for the girl with the golden eyes he'd finally found her. And he had her attention, and she was someone his mother wouldn't totally disown him for, he was being told he couldn't have her. It bothered him for some reason.

In his eyes, Sutton just wasn't properly educated on how awful muggles and mudbloods truly were. In her eyes, Regulus was just uneducated on how times had changed and muggleborns and muggles were just as great as purebloods and halfbloods. They just wanted to know each other and teach each other what was right. They were just kids. And if their parents knew anything about kids, they'd know being told not to do something only makes them want it more.

Regulus wouldn't stop talking to her, he had decided that almost immediately. He would just have to be careful about it, and he'd send his mother that piece of paper Selene had so kindly gifted him proving she was a pureblood. He'd explain to his mother that he would guild her to the right path. And that he wouldn't disappoint them again.