Chapter 15

She was jittery and fidgeting and it was driving him insane. The slight shifts, the tapping of her fingers. Whenever she'd shift her legs his eyes would flicker over to her. At that moment her right leg was crossed over her left, her left hand was tapping against the table as she helped stir their potions. She wasn't as talkative as she was the other class. In fact, she had seemed almost defeated. "Are you alright?" Regulus found himself asking her.

Her limp curls blocking most of her face as she tilted her pale face towards him. "Yeah, just fine." Sutton practically whispered.

She hated herself in that moment, she sounded meek and insecure about her answer and partially like she didn't want him to speak to her. She loved that they were idly chatting now, even if it was usually about potions or some other class. But there was the feelings of bugs crawling under her skin. And the overwhelming feeling of despair grasping at her insides. "You seem off. I know I'm just your potions partner, but if you need a good hex, I could help." Regulus offered, he didn't know what the issue was and after the falling out between her and the marauders and Lily Evans, he could only assume someone was giving her hell.

She was still staring at him as he said that, her cheeks becoming tinted pink and her hair blossoming into a soft pink as well. She was losing control. Shaking her head, her hair went back to the mousy blonde color it had been. "Thank you, Black. But I'm not being bullied." Sutton smiled at him, "just a bit tired is all."

Lies, it'd been a week since their last class where she was practically oozing happiness. But this one she was on autopilot. Absolutely miserable in her head and crawling in her skin. But she was pushing through. Delvin swore he'd have another batch for her after classes. They'd run out of elixir to induce euphoria. And they were paying for it.

Though if you looked at the two, you'd never tell they were going through withdrawal. Delvin wasn't as deep as Sutton was. But he also wasn't taking the potion every day. Sutton was, sometimes two or three times a day. She never wanted the light floating feeling she had to go away. "You're staring."

"I told you before you're not bad to look at." Sutton answered quickly.

"Damn, no blush this time?" Regulus teased lightly, his lips pulling into a smirk.

It grew as he watched pink tint her eyes and turn them rose gold. Neither were paying attention to their potion at this point. Big mistake, the cauldron began bubbling over but nobody had the chance to notice. A loud boom had echoed through the classroom. Selene's eyes were narrowed into slits and her lips pulled back. Faint black residue from the explosions smoke coated her hair and face. "You bloody moron! Are you too dull to read!" Her face turned red, "it says counter clockwise you bloody mud blood!"

There were several gasps in the room and the sound of sniffles.Sutton's eyes narrowed at the girl, "Apologize you fucking twat!"

Sutton's eyes widened as she realized that every head in the room snapped to her. Her mind raced at the fact she just snapped that allowed. "Stay out of this, Mallory!" Selene had hissed at her.

"Just like you stayed out of my business?" Sutton retorted.

Her eyes were a fiery red and her fist had clenched but the bugs under her skin had gone silent for the first time that day. And it fueled the flames, "you want to act so high and mighty because you're a 'pure blood' but honestly there's no fucking reason. All that means is they're magical and their parents didn't even have to fuck their cousins to have them be magical. So if incest is the way to pureblood, I'd rather be a 'mudblood' as you so eloquently put it."

"I'm warning you one last time Mallory stay out of this!" Selene snapped.

People were giggling by then. "Sure, sure cousin fucker." Sutton rolled her eyes, "but call her a mudblood one more time and I'll hex your ass so hard you'll finally know what it's like to be pegged."

Selene's wand was pointed at her throat quickly. So quickly Slughorn didn't know how to react. His jaw was opening and closing repeatedly, practically mimicking a fish. Sutton could barely react as the wood dug into the soft, thin flesh of her throat.

"Expelliamos!"

What the hell did I just do!